www76.pair.com Saturn 1B

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by trimman62, Aug 24, 2005.

1. McPeek

McPeek Member

Your models are amazing dhanners and thanks for the tips. I am currently building the SLR Saturn 1B in 1:48. Depending on how ambitious I get, I see some things I may incorporate in my model.

Thanks again.

2. dhanners

dhanners Member

I'd say you're off to a darn good start there, McPeek. I'm looking forward to seeing more. (And thanks for the kind words.)

Looking at the models in your photo, it just struck me -- there's an Apollo Boost Protective Cover and LES on the Lower Hudson Valley Challenger Center site that is pretty detailed. It could be shrunk to 1/96th and stuck atop the SLR Saturn 1B....
  3. bowsoxx

bowsoxx New Member

I have been unable to access the whole Saturn 1B from the archived site. There are three links 2 of them are for parts and one is for the instructions. I can get the middle link with pages 9 thru 13 but I am unable to access the rest. According to Niels' site not all of the pages are there, but he mentions that you can find what you need from other kits.

Any ideas as to how I can find what I need to put together a complete Saturn 1B??

4. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Ok checked!!! :-D
  5. jparenti

jparenti Member

I built my Saturn 1B with the Apollo/BPC from the 1/96 Saturn V on jleslie's site. I think, however, I'm going to also use the payload shroud from the Saturn V, since the 1B's is a little off in size. (Only a little, though--and the 1B looks so much better with the improved capsule!)
  6. McPeek

McPeek Member

I just gave it a try and got this error message for the first set of parts,

Looks like they are having a problem with the site.
  7. bowsoxx

bowsoxx New Member

Yeah. I've tried a couple of days. I was hoping that someone had the missing pages who would be willing to send them to me or maybe someone knows of another location to get them. Any help would be MUCH appreciated!
  8. jparenti

jparenti Member

I have all the the files for the Saturn 1B if anyone needs them. Just let me know and I can send them along.
  9. jparenti

jparenti Member

Here are the files for the Saturn 1B -- I figured I'd just put it out there for anyone who couldn't find the link. Last time I checked, I got lucky and the archived website worked. This week, nothing. Hope this helps. :)

Attached Files:

10. bowsoxx

bowsoxx New Member

You are the man!!! Thanks a ton for posting these. The Saturn 1B was the last US rocket that I was trying to pin down. Thanks again!
  11. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

I heard a rumor *looks around furtively* that Ton Noteboom has a version of the Saturn 1B that puts this one to shame... but it's er... just a rumor.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :eek:
  12. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Do tell, do tell!:grin:

And where would one find it?

13. Hans Christian

I Want That One Too!!!!
  14. jparenti

jparenti Member

I believe it was mentioned that jleslie's site would have it in the near future. I asked about a couple modified versions I saw in the background of the CEV LUT model on his site, and they will supposedly be available soon. I hope. :)
    And I'm glad that the Saturn 1B files were a help. It's a missing link in the currently available Saturn hardware, so it'll hopefully fill the void until... well, I won't push it. :-D
  15. Hans Christian

According to PPSM, those "modified versions" were another missing links to the project apollo hardware, they were coined by PPSM as the "Lost Saturns", because little attention has been made for them by many people.
  16. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

Ton is in negotiations trying to make the Saturn 1b (1:48!) into a commercial flying kit, hence the hold up of the release. although I think sherrie has the edge on marketing ;) :

17. Hans Christian

Hmmmm... If sir Ton's gonna make his 1B into a commercial flying rocket, does this mean that the card model version is going to be like this as well?... (oh no...) :sad:
  18. McPeek

McPeek Member

Sheri loves her rockets.

Have you ever seen her 1:48 launch pad?

It's one of a kind.
  19. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

*fingers twitch*

Must... finish 1/48 Saturn V build... and modify for launching...