www.kartonbau.de is history

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by rkelterer, Oct 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rkelterer

rkelterer Member

dear friends,

the german cardmodel forum www.kartonbau.de ceased to exist. after
    having troubles with some of the members the administrator decided to
    close the forum .

thanks to all who had taken their part to build up the formum, thanks to
    all who kept the forum alive.

long live paper
  2. Why is that the actions of a few always seem to have an effect on so many others who do not deserve the fate they get.
  3. barry

barry Active Member

That's sad I felt I had a lot of friends there. Hopefully a lot of them will come here nothing wrong with a German section. I am sure we must have a ready made man to run that anyway. Until then many thanks to the team that ran it!!!
  4. Mindaugas

Mindaugas Member

It won't be working again!? I can't believe... Is it closed forever?? :? :? Is it true?? Oh God...
    No, I can't believe that.
    I am so shocked... I CAN'T BELIEVE.

There were so many friends, so many topics, posts, models.. and now everything is gone?!?
    I hope, that some of these members will come here, but most part will dissappear.

Say, that this forum will work again tomorrow or the day-after-tomorrow.

Thats all I wanted to ask..
  5. ramatoto

ramatoto Member

Some of the members are here too, i ´ve seen it by same themes and names, but for many is there a problem with the english language.

Maybe there is some hope, that the sky will clear again, but that only the future can show.

For me it means, that my posts will be placed here now. My english is not perfect at all, but i hope it well increase by using it.

6. Mindaugas

Mindaugas Member

Hi again,

So please save a backup of that forum in case it will ressurect in the future!
    Thats all. Good luck..
  7. jcrespo

jcrespo Member

What a bummer! There were fantastics post on the site, and even more wonderful detail photographs of every kind of build imaginable. I personally will miss Kartonbau.de tremendously.

I hope they will continue to post to this forum (in spite of the language issue) ... we can always use on-line translators to get the gist of what's written, and photographs speak for themselves.

8. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

I wondered why I couldn't log on just now, thought it was a glitch.

Too bad, the Moderator had been taking a lot of crap from some, so I suppose he just got fed up with it.
  9. ramatoto

ramatoto Member

That it is gone is a bad news enough, i think we should´t start a discussion here why! It would´t help and only transfer it to this Forum!!

We must accept it and live with the news, that´s all.

10. Mindaugas

Mindaugas Member

I think, that kartonbau.de admin should send every member an e-mail explaining what happened, and that everyone should come and register here. And if there is a boom of new german members, we should expand German section.

Maybe rkelterer can contact admin and suggest this.

Thats all. Good luck! ;-)
  11. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Just out of idle interest, I noticed that all of the posts here have a icon beside them that says "Report bad post" when you put the cursor over it. What's that all about? I didn't see anything that would strike me as a violation of good manners.
  12. swiftsword

swiftsword Member

You all deserve an explanation of what's going on at kartonbau.de. I'm just a regular member there, so this is in no way an explanation or "official" statement from anybody. The opinions expressed are my own.

The statement currently displayed at kartonbau.de reads:
    "After the occurrences of the last few days, I have finally done with it all.
    I too am only a man and have no desire to play the scapegoat for the various card-modeling forums. There is a new forum that offers a 5% discount [on its wares] that has more decency than this one.
    As Administrator I have become a laughing-stock, but I'm welcome to keep paying for all this.
    Therefore the forum has closed its doors forever as of today. I prefer to build something with my eight-year-old boy rather than spend any more energy on this forum.
    Thanks to all and have fun building card models.

There has been a recent proliferation of German-language card modeling forums. These were formed by splinter groups of one kind of another. Several members of Kartonbau.de (myself included) chose to become members in these alternative forums in addition to being members at kartonbau.de.

This caused some heated debate among the kartonbau.de community, which is very close-knit. Many people felt strongly about perceived allegiances, defections, and possible conflicts-of-interest. Insults both real and imagined were hurled. The administrator was severely antagonized by posts on the subject (including posts by myself), which were directly critical of the manner in which the discussion and the issue itself were handled.

13. Gil

Gil Active Member

It is a loss to us all. Let us all keep a watchful eye on those who would destroy our community. I hope all that contributed with the true heart of a cardmodeler on Kartonbau will join us here. Kartonbau will be missed by all...,

14. murban

murban Member

Dear friends,

some former members of kartonbau.de decided to keep up the spirit of this fabulous forum.

The founding members are Wilfried, Robert7773, Korvette, Rockabilly and myself.

The administration (and funding) for this forum will be done by a group of people by intention. That way, we hope to be sure that never one single person can do anything harmful to the forum.

The new forum will be available at www.kartonbau-aktiv.de in a few days.

We hope to recover as much of the contents and the spirit of the old forum as we can.

Please stay tuned for more news and thanks for your support.

best regards
    Michael Urban
  15. Wilfried

Wilfried New Member

Hello friends,

I agree with all the words written from my friend Michael.

We are working on the the new forum in addition to the spirit of kartonbau.de.

With the best regards to all
    the Wilfried
  16. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

I am saddened by the news of the Kartonbau.de demise but, as life often takes funny turns, I am also glad to hear another alternative will be created to take it's place. I am sure many from this forum are familiar with Wilfred and Michael, if not the others mentioned, and look forward to news when the new site is activated. Hopefully your desire to save some of the old forum will be successful, and I wish you well in accomplishing that.

Good luck to you, my dear friends, and I look forward to the new site.

17. Don´t worry: Germany is NOT without a forum

Dear all,

actually there is a cardmodelers forum in Germany, since the beginning of october: The Kartonmodell-Forum - like my username :smile: Perhaps some of you don´t know it, because it is online not even a week after preparing it since 3 month. If you visit this very fast growing forum, you will meet many members, you know from German forums, which are closed now temporarely or for ever due to various reasons.

Have a look here

and you will find german cardmodelers, which are members of cardmodelers.net, too. Most of them come from different forums and found a new home in Kartonmodell-Forum.

Of course every member of cardmodels.net is welcome to visit this German forum, too. And if you visit the Kartonmodell-Forum, you will find already a link back to your own forum, this forum here.

Enjoy your visit and all the best to the members of cardmodels.net

Frank-Michael Goldmann
    One of 3 founders of Kartonmodell-Forum
  18. jmueller

jmueller Member

Yeah and we all got personal emails about the new forum stating that it's not a commercial forum. First thing you read is that you get a 5% discount on items sold by the forum founders. Whats that about?
  19. korvette

korvette Member

That´s the reason why...

Hi folks,

that´s the reason why we (as posted by Michael Urban above) launch a new independent forum in Germany the coming days. And independent means no comercial background, just modellers without further intention than their hobby.

W´ve got our lesson - under pain and we intend and promiss to do it better than the outcome of the dismissed forum kartonbau.de.

So, we invite all the "homeless" members of kartonbau.de to join our community again.

Hopefully, we could avoid together the ruling of only one forum in Germany. Like in politics, a strong opposition will always better for discussions, obviously not allowed in other places...

So please join again next week on www.kartonbau-aktiv.de

20. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.