www.internettrains.com bad experiences!!!

slekjr

iNTERNET TRAINS

Hi All I'm new to this group so please excuse any mistakes.
I don't normally grumble too much but after reading all the posts here I thought I should relate my experiance with this outfit.
I operate a secinic railroad and was purchaseing Christmas gifts for my volunteers.
Only one of my guys models in n-scale, the rest ho. Anyhow after finding all the ho items (from 6 different online stores) I located (or thought I did) some n-scake PRR passenger cars (marked available) and placed my order. This was Dec 3 (allow 7-10 days for processing and shipping) On Dec 15 checked status once again and no change so I sent an email. Got a reply on Dec 20 that the order would be shipped Dec 26. I replied to the email with a cancellation that was never acknowledged. Contacted CC company (card was charged Dec 3 when items were ordered) on Jan 15 and account was credited by them. finally got a credit from internettrains yesterday. Really funny that when I checked the shipping status on the order last night it says it was canceled Dec 14 and credit was issued. Guess that they even have to lie to themselves. By the way, I had all of the oyher items within 6 days except 2 that I had been promptly notified were on backorder. On another note, ordered from Tower Hobbies last Christmas and they were great.

Gary S.

I got my credit card bill today, and the Internettrains charge was still there even though I had cancelled the order. I suppose the credit will show up on my bill next month. I hope it does.

I also noticed they charged my card on the day after I ordered. But after 9 days, they still did not have the items for shipping. That is so bogus! So today, even though I was satisfied with the replies to the emails I sent last week, I doubt I will ever order from them again.

Gary S.

oh... and if that credit doesn't show up next month, I will bombardthem with emails, I will contact my credit card company, and I will pound them unmercilessly on all the forums.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Gary S. said:
oh... and if that credit doesn't show up next month, I will bombardthem with emails, I will contact my credit card company, and I will pound them unmercilessly on all the forums.
They're already getting the e-mail bombardments and verbal poundings across the internet. Apparently that doesn't phase them much. As for your credit card, I would contact them now and not wait a month. The longer you wait, the harder it will be for you to get any sort of restitution for the charges. Let the credit card comapny fight them and save yourself the hassle.

slekjr

I agree with Cannonball My cc company issued a credit as soon as I contacted them and credited the interest too. This is the only online place I have dealt with that charged me before shipping. Do the math. If you play with other peoples money for even a day and you have enough of it, you don't have to fill any orders. I'd call it fraud, they call it good business.

Gil Finn

The old saying holds true, do me once, shame on you. Do me twice and shame on me.

Hopefully all your orders will catch up with you soon.

Thanks for the heads up on this.

I run in to this on ebay periodicly. Using the buy it now for quick response on items and fast payment with pay pal, some dealers still set on an order for a week or more before shipping.

The this week I got some cars from one of these ebay stores.

How much can a HO box car wiegh? He charges $5.50 for the first car and an other $3 for the second. Actual postage was $3.70 for the pair first class.

The box was used and the packing material was shredded computer paper.
I emailed him about it but he didnt reply.

I feel for you.

slekjr

another question along the same lines. Some vendors use fedex to ship. On my 2005 christmas orders one vendor shipped my order the next day (he was 75 miles away). took 2 weeks for fedex to deliver, and tracking the package on their site was really quite humorus. Turns out the regular driver for this area had broken his leg and he replacement didn't care. This vendor now uses UPS. I'm currently waiting for a package that was supposed to come yesterday but only the brown trucks were able to deliver, the white trucks coldn't go in the snow

Scoobie

Gary S.

I had a ordered cancelled by Internettrians, here's what happened to me on getting my credit. As you stated they took the money the same day. Then it took one month to get my credit card credited. I called and emailed over and over again. Finally I had to call and tell them to do it while I was on the phone. :curse:

mummert

I can highly recommend http://www.blwnscale.com/ . They are the cheapest I found on the web and I ordered my stuff on a Friday and was at my door on Monday. Only draw back as far as I can tell they only sell N scale. Thats what I am modeling so it works for me. Hope this helps someone.

Gary S.

I called the credit card company today, and they said they need to give internettrains 30 days to get the money credited back to me.

oldtanker

Thanks for the heads up on this. I'm ready to buy track and roadbed. I'm not much on internet orders but the 90 mile away local hobby shop is kinda high on thier track, guess I'll pay the extra money and walk out of the store with it in my hot little hands. Unless any of you have a bunch of HO code 100 NS track, switches and roadbed you want to get rid of....didn't think so...LOL

Rick

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
Doesn’t look so good for these folks at the moment. However I had a thought, would it not be true that they are making some money even though they are no making any sales.

They charge you credit card on day one. Thus they get your money and start to make interest or have free use of your money for thirty days or more. All of this and they never had to ship a product out the door.

It may not appear to be much but then again with the growing number of people reporting this it adds up.

I have never dealt with these people so I will take it that with the growing number of complaints they do in fact have a problem. I would hope they are in fact good people that are just having supply problems combined with a computer inventory problem.

[FONT=&quot]I know for sure I will not try them until they get their house in order.

[/FONT] I always thought the shipping and handling charges through the sellers on Ebay were outrageous and unfair. I ship far too many things to believe for one moment they can justify their charges.

My friends packing material and the trip to the post office is just part of doing business and if they were smart they would have the boxes picked up at the house or store.

[FONT=&quot]For a long time I have included the shipping charges in the sale price and I have never added a handling charge. And guess what I hate to say it but I’m still way ahead on the profit side and I never had to milk any one to do that.[/FONT]

CNWman

CNW Fan
slekjr said:
Hi All I'm new to this group so please excuse any mistakes.
I don't normally grumble too much but after reading all the posts here I thought I should relate my experiance with this outfit.
I operate a secinic railroad and was purchaseing Christmas gifts for my volunteers.
Only one of my guys models in n-scale, the rest ho. Anyhow after finding all the ho items (from 6 different online stores) I located (or thought I did) some n-scake PRR passenger cars (marked available) and placed my order. This was Dec 3 (allow 7-10 days for processing and shipping) On Dec 15 checked status once again and no change so I sent an email. Got a reply on Dec 20 that the order would be shipped Dec 26. I replied to the email with a cancellation that was never acknowledged. Contacted CC company (card was charged Dec 3 when items were ordered) on Jan 15 and account was credited by them. finally got a credit from internettrains yesterday. Really funny that when I checked the shipping status on the order last night it says it was canceled Dec 14 and credit was issued. Guess that they even have to lie to themselves. By the way, I had all of the oyher items within 6 days except 2 that I had been promptly notified were on backorder. On another note, ordered from Tower Hobbies last Christmas and they were great.

Welcome to the gauge! As for It.com, dang, it took more than a month to get your money back? That makes it ofical: It is plain horible. And as for Tower Hobbies: thanks for the input:thumb: . I found a train there that was 9 bucks cheaper than what it was at Walthers.

Now for the forum that was paid by It: That's a direct vilolation of our Bill of Rights! Isn't it true that Amendment one of the Bill states that "all citizens have the right to free speech" or something like that. The idea of using people's money is probably going to catch up with them. Here's how I see it: Uriah Heep (IT) VS. Wilkins Micawber(justice) (charicters from David Copperfield)

CCT70

CNWman said:
Now for the forum that was paid by It: That's a direct vilolation of our Bill of Rights! Isn't it true that Amendment one of the Bill states that "all citizens have the right to free speech" or something like that. The idea of using people's money is probably going to catch up with them. Here's how I see it: Uriah Heep (IT) VS. Wilkins Micawber(justice) (charicters from David Copperfield)

No, it's not. Free Speech doesn't apply to privately owned message boards. While I agree that what Internet Trains is doing is crappy and I am confident it'll kill their business and I do hope it does, I just wanted to point that out. Think of it like this: Say you are at a buddies house for example and you and his wife get into a political discussion. You start talking smack about her favorite candidate. Yeah, you have the *right* to say what you will about said candidate, but being the homeowner, she also has the right to throw you out of her house. Same scenario with the boards.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
CCT70 said:
No, it's not. Free Speech doesn't apply to privately owned message boards. While I agree that what Internet Trains is doing is crappy and I am confident it'll kill their business and I do hope it does, I just wanted to point that out. Think of it like this: Say you are at a buddies house for example and you and his wife get into a political discussion. You start talking smack about her favorite candidate. Yeah, you have the *right* to say what you will about said candidate, but being the homeowner, she also has the right to throw you out of her house. Same scenario with the boards.
+1
An internet forum isn't a democractic nation.
It's more of a quietly run dictaorship.

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
Freedom of speech, I think I heard that last month but I no longer see that member posting. I’m not surprised that this topic is still open. Everyone has just kept to the true facts and has not dragged this thread into the dumps. As a matter of fact I have not seen any slurs tossed the way of Internettrains.com. For the most part the information has been very helpful to any member considering buying equipment at this time.

Belong to a forum is more like a privilege than a right. Just think of a forum the same way you think about a driving license. There is no right to have a driving license. As a retired moderator from a proud photography site that I helped to start I can appreciate the work of the moderators and the interest of all members on the subject of Freedom of Speech. Now I know why I retired from the role of moderator.

[FONT=&quot]I like this site and I think the information in this thread on Internettrains is very helpful and informative.[/FONT]

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Cannonball said:
+1
An internet forum isn't a democractic nation.
It's more of a quietly run dictaorship.

Well, that makes me wince a little! :) I like to see it more like we're all guests in some one's house and abide by the etiquette they prefer. There are all kinds of "houses" with all kinds of etiquette. You'll find some that suit you and some that don't. Joining a forum typically includes clicking on an "I agree" statement when asked if you're willing to abide by the forum rules or guidelines. Agreeing is an act of good faith.
Ralph

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Renovo PPR said:
Freedom of speech, I think I heard that last month but I no longer see that member posting.
I think I know of whom you speak.
Too bad too. He was a rather entertaining character to say the least.

CNWman

CNW Fan
CCT70 said:

Good point. I frogot about the somone else's property part:eek:ops: oops