www.freewebs.com/jaybats/' X-71 rescale

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Shin_kazama, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

2. Jaybats

Jaybats Member

i appreciate that you like my cardtoys, but i am ticked off by this post. especially since you emailed me before.

essentially you're asking people other than yourself to alter my work without my permission for your benefit, in my (virtual) presence and without addressing me directly (even though you can). i find that offensive.

there is a communication with real people going on in this board, not just a bunch of changing letters and pictures. courtesy and respect are still valued, and the conventions of human speech are still applicable. please don't treat it (as you seem to generally in all your posts to date) as something you just kick and see what the reaction is.

3. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

It is polite to ask the creator first ....

If he says no, then it doesn't happen. Personally, I would not alter and then redistribute something without the original artists permission. It's not something that will make you popular with the builder.

I know how annoyed I would be if people decided to re-work my stuff without so much as a pm or a post to ask.
  4. Wow gutsy move asking someone else to work over his model. I have learned that people get very touchy when wanting to change their work.

I personally think this was in bad form if he e-mailed jay first to ask and was told no.
    I have found people around here love to help as long as you go about it in the right way (ask permission) first.
  5. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

its just a rescale, no huge edits, i mean you may not release the new 1/144 scale edition unless i have asked the author.

i was looking forward to mate it to AXM's ET srb stack.

sorry again.
  6. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

I think the subject all is a communication flaw. I don't see a serious problem in you to do for itself a scale conversion and to add details. If it went would not have like this modified models and detailed as some marvels that it has been shown by the members of the forum. For that I don't believe that it is necessary communication. But when you intend to distribute those modifications is necessary and of very good education, attitude and courtesy to communicate the author and to ask permission to accomplish the modifications and the distribution.

Cheers for all...
  7. Tars

Tars Member

Apart from the fuss about changing anyone's work, I have estimated that the model is almost exactly in scale with the space shuttle from delta7studios, and that one is supposed to be 1:200. I calculated 1:190 for my shuttle, maybe my printer resized it for me ;)
  8. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

hmm, 1/190?

how am i going to accurately resize it without distorting it?

i'd rather have the author do this himself.
  9. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Well um... You could've done that yourself............... In the print dialogue set the scale to 190/200 = 95% and you're set ^^ If the scale's still not right after you built it then you can adjust the scale further according to the final size... Scaling is really not that difficult you know.
  10. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

the question is, would the resulting graphics fit on a 8.5x11 card which i only use?:confused:
  11. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

If it's shrinking down (which is the impression I'm getting) then I don't see any problems...
  12. Jaybats

Jaybats Member

:cry: i already mentioned the solution in your other thread. it would help if you just go and find out exactly how long that X-71 Space Shuttle "really" is. in feet or in meters, it doesn't matter. saying its nose is almost in line with the SRB doesn't help, because to do that all you need to do is just mount the thing higher or lower up and down the external tank. scaling requires numbers.

that being said, please note i've re-uploaded the file to correct the errors in the wings which kept it from being assembled properly. :winter1:
  13. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

wow... I didn't know that the X-71 has a card model already...

many apologies sir, my bad hehe

Very nicely done sir!!!

Um, care to do the Messiah spacecraft from Deep Impact? bounce7
  14. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

according to movie fans, the X-71 is as long as the SRB's.

so, on the launch stack configuration, its nose is higher in position than the 2 SRBs
    thats it.

there, a good basis for rescale, it does not need to be exact, as long it would fit the bill.

even 1/139 or 1/135 is good enough.