WWII plane that looks like Spaceship one??

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by GT5500, Jul 15, 2006.

1. GT5500

GT5500 Member

It wouldn't be either of these as I have said that it was American, I think it was the Pathfinder though, it was the nose glass that was throwing me, from the shot I saw it looked like the cockpit.
  2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

GT5500......... they also made a night fighter version that had a piggy-backed canopy behind the pilots. No class nose but had a radar pod hanging off the front.

Do you remember the show it was on?

3. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Yeah it was just a tiny clip on a program about toys.
  4. Kaz

Kaz Member

Funny that Space Ship One became the POTW. It always reminded me of this British Beauty, mind you its not WW2, and was featured in a UK Sci Fi film called Slipstream
  5. GT5500

GT5500 Member

A cub optica scout I believe, the police used them for a while as they are capable of almost hovering however they had a tendancy to fall out the sky and when one crashed they decided to not use them any more.
  6. Kaz

Kaz Member

You're right, The police used them for monitoring A1(M) traffic and the Electricity companies used them for monitoring the power lines, I believe the slowest speed to keep aloft was a little over 30 MPH (not knots) we saw them all the while here, where I live.
    I guess this isnt what you're looking for then :-(
  7. GT5500

GT5500 Member

No if your read the full thread itw as decided that the plane in question was a Lightning scout with a glass nose canopy.