WWI Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

c wiseman

Aug 31, 2007
Missouri, USA
Hi all,
Im am trying to find paper models of WWI tanks, does anyone have any suggestions or links? I can use simple models for wargaming, but I would like some nicer models for diorama display

Thanks

Chris

niedance

Jun 16, 2010
Here is my A7V. My very first model. Not the best Quality. Will try better next time.

Attachments

• Bild 036.jpg
    Bild 036.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Bild 037.jpg
    Bild 037.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 25

niedance

Jun 16, 2010
one better photo

My Camera is not very good. This is the best picture.

Attachments

• Bild 043.jpg
    Bild 043.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 23

charliec

Jan 18, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
The WW1 St Chamond and A7V tanks were fairly colourful but not that colourful. As far as is known the French Schneider and St Chamond tanks were factory finished in "horizon blue" - a fairly dark blue-grey colour. The crews applied various camo schemes with ochre, green and dark brown sometimes with black boundaries between the camo colours.
I'd suggest getting hold of a copy of the AJ Press book on the Schneider and St Chamond for a realistic take on the colours of these tanks.

The A7V colours are less well understood although they've been a subject of research for many years. The base colour seems to have been "feldgrau" - a mid-grey colour with a green or brown tinge. The camo colours seem to have come from captured Belgian railway paints - dark green, red-brown and a pale cream colour. The famous book on the A7V by Hundleby and Strasheim tries to identify the colour schemes used on the various A7Vs - this book is long out of print and very expensive these days. The colour schemes were different for each of the 20 A7Vs fielded and changed with time in service.

The current colours on #506 Mephisto aren't a good guide to A7V colours - it was repainted in the 1990s and it's too green. Best guess for Mephisto was red-brown areas over feldgrau with no green.

Regards,

Charlie

pepelu

Jun 22, 2010
Tenerife
Izorsky Fiat.

Roman Vasilyev (Kampfflieger paper models) has a very interesting
ww1 armoured car in 1/72 scale, the Izorsky Fiat.

regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.