WW2 Scenery/train

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by Howard, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Howard

Howard New Member

In my attempt to surf the web to find online priced WW2 train cars/general scenery items (barracks, towers, fences etc) I came up empty, more than empty actually, I came up here, begging for help.

My question to the crowd is: Are there any WW2 or actually post WW2/cold war cars.

My dream layout, which I hope to soon develope is simple:

I want to build a plot of land with a V2 rocket pad/factory/rail yard that might have a few cars with flat beds and nice, deadly 15 ton v2's on their topside.

so answer just one question: Are there such cars, with v2's or any form of ballistic missile type appearence, that I could fiddle with.
  2. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Have you checked www.walthers.com ? They have a lot of WW2-era stuff, including Allied and German prototypes. I don't know if you'll find a V2 on a flat car, but I have seen more than one flatcar-mounted "gun".

Welcome to The Gauge!

3. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

Bachmann makes a 1950's Long John(?) Medium Range Nuclear missile oon a depressed center flatcar, in USAF white/red/yellow and desert/jungle camouflages. Both in HO and N, for about $15=$20, I have one in N, hoping for one in HO, they're nice cars, but certianly not WW2, more mid-to-late fifties.
  4. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

most WW2 cars used by the military were regular rail cars there were however some owned by uncle sam.a block of regular 40ft box cars with a white x painted on doors became a munition train.
  5. green_elite_cab

green_elite_cab Keep It Moving!

For lots of money you can get German armored trains, and models of their giant railguns in HO scale. they are expensive though. I think i did see an HO scale V2 at some point, but i'm not sure.

you really want to get a Walthers 2006 catalog, and go to the military section. i'm sure now that i think about it saw a V2 and a few other things ( ME262s, Mustangs if you feel inclined to have your german stuff strafed), and if you can't find those, there is all different vareities of jagdpanzers, Panzer IVs, tigers, panthers, Half tracks, whatever. i have a walther 2004 catalog with US and German HO scale dioramas. none have what you are looking for, just tanks on flat cars.

you will probably have more luck checking out european manufactures, like marklin, or any of them. I think Dragon made a full radar train set, but it cost a bundle. i have recently seen the armored trolley car things ( i can't remember the specific name) and they are alittle steep but not much.
  6. Howard

Howard New Member

I have a nice budget now, I probably would of never thought of creating battlefield scenes 5 years ago when I started the hobby, and had little money to fuel it, but I do admit, we can all do without 400$ of hard earned dollars going to someone for something that is probably made for 10$, and thats if its made somewhere other than the US or some southeast pacific nation. Oh well, I'll give this cat. or ref book a try. No need to start throwing money at something I could find cheaper somewhere else.
  7. zedob

zedob Member

8. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

For models of ww2 German steam and rolling stock, I think you will need to look at Fleischman (spelling?).
  9. Howard

Howard New Member

Thanks, thanks, thanks! I bought it!