WW2 Concrete defences references

Stev0

Jan 30, 2006
I am looking for some great plans and schematics references. I have been searching online with not much help since the only references are modern pictures of abandoned defences in the south of England.

Bunkers
Dragon's Teeth
etc.

David H

Nov 2, 2005
I live in North Yorkshire
Who’s defences are you looking for.

A extensive survey of surviving British defences was carried out in the 1990 there are even typologies of pillboxes and anti-tank obstacles. Amongst the "cutest" (?) were the machinegun nests disguised as ice-cream kiosks at Minehead in Somerset. Try the Council For British Archaeology http://www.britarch.ac.uk/. There is a learned Journal called Fortress Studies and I recall an online report by US parks on defences in San Fransico Bay?

Ihave some information but am a bit light on WWII and outside the UK. If its textures you want I have some close ups of 1940s vintage concrete- I know its sad but I like concrete.

As for the other side Keep on searching the D-Day related sites.

D

GT5500

Apr 23, 2006
Kent, England
There is a small 'pillbox' up the road from me, but it is half buried to protect it from a new road they built so it wouldn't photograph very well. There are lots of unusual gun placements and defences round this way as most of the battle of Britain was in the skies round here, but alas I have no pics. A lot of the concrete structure were Napoleonic but were utilised during WW2 as well.

Stev0

Jan 30, 2006
I am trying to find some schematics of bunkers and obstacles.

Like this for example.

I just tossed together a set of Dragon's Teeth. I want to create some beach obstacles like gates, barriers and so forth.

concretedragonsteeth01wr0.jpg

I THINK these are 1:33 but without anything to correctly scale with I cannot be sure this is 100% correct.

nebeltex

Feb 3, 2004
texas
papertigerarmaments.com
S,
the structures you have listed have been done in paper, but not at 1/33. the dragon's teeth look very nice. if you google "atlantic (or atlantik) wall" you will find the information you seek, including a schematic of one of the typical, smaller "regelbauen". i'm currently doing a tobruk and anti-tank wall for the MMiP #27 at paperworlds in 1/72. good luck. cheers, c.b.

SCEtoAux

Jul 28, 2004
USA
Do a search for regelbau. Some people have made scale models of some of the bunkers used by the Germans during WWII. There are some floor plans of many of them also.
:)

Stev0

Jan 30, 2006
ok this is good stuff. I think my main problem is that there isnt much in the wall of 'color' pictures of such construction.

I may have to raid a couple of games to get what I want. =)

Then fill up the parts bin with diarama bits.