WW1 airplane models?

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by Blkryno, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Blkryno

Blkryno New Member

I am new here and thought I would tap into the collective wisdom.

I am looking for some planes from ww1 for my nephew. Has anyone seen anything nice while surfing?

2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Welcome to the fold! boy oh boy, any idea what that post is gonna get you? heh heh there are TONS of WWI planes. If you are willing to pay then I suggest dewayne (link on the home page here) fiddlers green if you want easier. There are lots of freebies out there too, interested in a particular nationality?
  3. lairdre

lairdre Member

Check out www.fiddlersgreen.net There are many WW1 models that are on the simple side of the difficulty scale.
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

two people first posts in one thread! Coolness! Welcome aboard lairdre :D
  5. lairdre

lairdre Member

Thanks for the welcome. I have hanging around the forum for a long long time. I have been making paper models since the 1960's. I first stumbled on to Chip at fiddlersgreen in the late 1990s. The internet has done wonderful things for our hobby. Currently I'm working on getting my wife used to the fact that my 1/48 Apollo Saturn is going to reach the celing. I'm a big real space builder, but cut my teeth on airplanes.
  6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I have seen that one! If you arent too far along, how about a build thread? Not to be pushy..... oh and we are kinda hijacking his thread ;)
  7. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Take a look at the WWI airplane section at this site: Hamanaga Aircraft. Some of the links might be dead, but there is a bunch of airplanes there.:)
  8. ron rem

ron rem New Member

Ive seen ww1 planes on replicas unlimited hobbies but I think thay have more ww2
    kits, but the selection is good.
  9. kampfflieger

kampfflieger Member

This models and more at http://kampfflieger.webs.com:)

Gotha G.I

Aviatik 30.40

Hansa-Brandenburg D.I

Dornier D.I

Fokker D.VII

Nieuport 28

R.E.P. N