Wrecked Cromwell

Discussion in 'Armory & Military' started by Soaring, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

Hehe, last night I tried the Cromwell tank, being inspired by Toddlea. Anyways, I thought of making it look all destroyed today, and so, Woosh, the idea came and was brought out. I only modeled the basic structure, and added a moldy and dirt and destroyed affect. I'll also be building a cromwell that isn't destroyed, I wanna use this for a diorama :thumb:

Attached Files:

2. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

You could place some buckled plates.
  3. Soaring

Buckled Plates?
  4. zachy

zachy New Member

Dear Sirs, I have blown up a couple of tanks and what happens is if the ammo fires the turret blows off and the hull has that Jiffypop popcorn affect. The shells can't blow through the hull but the seams pop out and the weakest points like the turret ring and engine hatches come apart. The shells boil off and everything that can burn inside and out does. If the tank is holed and doesn't burn externally the tank looks okay except for the hole and the fact that nothing moves. One I saw the engine kept running long enough to be a target for a few hours. It got a few more holes before it boiled over and burned. To make that affect you should look at the intact tank and think of what kind of damage would be done by a ladyfinger firecracker to it. There are lots of pictures of Highway 6 out of Kuwait and the armor killed there to give you a good idea of what this looks like.
  5. Soaring

Great Idea, However, I first wanted to achieve the molded grass look.
  6. charliec

charliec Active Member

The Russian battlefield site (The Russian Battlefield - Main Page) has a number of images of destroyed of AFVs from WW2. Mostly the hulls are intact. I don't think the hulls back then were as strong as modern AFVs - there are a number of images of the vehicle being blown to pieces after internal explosions.

7. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Anyone here play Desert Combat, the BF1942 mod? I've lost count of how many times I've taken out a tank from my Apache gunship, only to be knocked out of the sky by the turret as it gets blown off the tank. :D

sorry... back on topic now... :p
  8. Soaring

Thanks guys for the suggestions and what not, I guess I'd better build a turret, with the top blown apart, battle damaged to fit the whole.

Actually, I own BF1942.
  9. uglyguy9

uglyguy9 Member

......so thats who keeps blowing my tank up!! :eek:

....i love bf2 :mrgreen:
  10. Peter the Ingrate

Peter the Ingrate New Member

This is particularly true of the crew members. Perhaps a light sprinkling of chalk dust.
  11. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Hehe... I play the Forgotten Hope mod for BF42. Tank Turrets are tossed around like mad in that game too. :eek: