WP&YR Passenger Car

wpyr

Does anyone know how I could get a passenger car that looks like this?

Capturewpyr1.jpg

Capturewpyr2.jpg

Capturewpyr3.jpg

Or a un-painted one would work.

wpyr

Also does anyone know how I could get my hands on a un-painted GE Train that would look like this after I paint It.

Capturewpyr4.jpg

Look at HOn3 for more HOn3 stuff. I need it in regular HO.

MilesWestern

You'll definately have to scratchbuild it then. I think if they were even offered in brass, they would have been offered in HOn3.

You're out of luck unless you either scratchbuilt it or commission someone like me to build one for you..

Glen Haasdyk

I think one of the older companies (like labelle) offered a passenger car cabbose as a craftsman kit as did Model die casting in a short 30-footer caboose combine (I have one)
I know the engine is offered in S scale by a company out of New Zealand but Miles is right, Alll White pass and yukon equipment is 3 foot narrow guage.

N

nachoman

I could swear I have seen a g-scale shovel nose...

I think any model info about the WP&Y is covered here:

Model

Kevin

MilesWestern

Well, I'd start off with this Model Power coach, For the second from the top car) ATSF-T COACH<br>No.5505 - 5505 and sand down the wood detail, then use .10 styrene, and make rivet lines according to drawings, add the scissors hand railing on the vestibules, then cut an appropriate sized hold in the roof, and scratchbuild the coupola, according to the drawings. If you want I can a painted and detailed interior, seats, and people too.

For the Top one, I'd scratchbuild out of styrene completely with grandt line doors, and have it ride on modified bachmann trucks.

For the Third one, I'd do just about the same thing.

For the Diesel, I'd either find an HOn3 Brass one, and splice 2 Bachamann DCC-equipped GE70tonners together for the drive, or I'd carve a body buck out of wood, milling out most of the interior, then cladding it in thin metal, soldering it together as I go along, then adding windows and a boatload of detail parts.

E-mail me if you're interested, this would be a fun project.
the(at)weatheringman.com <-My e-mail (replace (at with @)

N

nachoman

I've got a couple of those model power cars. They are good cars. If you wanted to make them into HOn3, they would need to be shortened and narrowed in order to look right. With the model power cars, this wouldn't bbe a simple kitbash. I think you would basically have to cut the sides from the ends, and then start from there on top of a new frame made from styrene.

I basically did the same thing with a MDC 50' car. I cut the sides off, and shortened the sides. Then I cut a section out of the center of the roof, glued the roof back together. I shortened the ends, and then glued the whole thing back together. I made a new unerframe out of styrene, and used the steps and platform from the MDC kit.

The 30' MDC overton cars are an easier kitbash.

Kevin

Attachments

• pass car 2.jpg
    pass car 2.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 5
  • pass car.jpg
    pass car.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 5

wpyr

Well I discovered I have a model power coach but...
Picture26.jpg

Its a little long compared to my other wp&yr coach. How could I convert that Canadian pacific to a Wp&Yr car? I dont need to re paint it just change the name of the railway and make it shorter.

MilesWestern

Keep it the legnth it is, it's more prototypical for the YP&Y. The MDC car you have next to that is a Sierra RR coach, a small shortline in california.

wpyr

The samll "MDC" I got from the wp&yr gift shop. There are 6 differnt passenger cars and they are all that size. I can order them over the net. But I want differnt types of the cars they have. All the cars are the same size as the one on the left.

MilesWestern

"MDC" is Model Die Casting, or Roundhouse Products, the companry that made those cars, from a Sierra RR Prototype (They modeled it after the real thing) and they are NOT correct YP&Y cars. That's what I meant to say, but they sure look nice! :)

Glen Haasdyk

I supose a quick kitbash would be to convert the longer car to a whitepass and yukon with decals. Then you could fit a cupola to one to make the caboose. I think CDS makes decals for the White pass equipment.

wpyr

What does CDS stand for? How could I make my own decals? (If possible.) printer and special paper?