Wow!

CN1

I'm back from the Calgary Supertrain Show....

Wow! This was great. Lots of people and I mean LOTS of people. I took a bunch of pictures :thumb: but the battery gave way 1/2 way thru :curse:

Mental note: Next time bring spare batteries!:eek:

There was something for everyone: North American, European, O, HO, N and Z scale. I'll have the pics soon and I'll have them transfer to a CD ROM so I can post them here.

interurban

Good stuff C N 1, Glad it was well attended, it makes for a great weekend for the hobby.

Hurry up with dem dar pics!!:D :D :D :D :p :thumb:

p.s. where they bunny batteries!?!;) :rolleyes:

CN1

Me too:) I have my fingers cross:D

Part of what I saw:

-HO Locomotive "big Blow" with tender in UP colors
-Running HO F3 engine with a "live camera" in place of the
Mars Light. The live cam feed was display on a 29 inch TV above
the layout. Totaly amazing view!!! Wow! I want one too:D :D
-CP Spiral Tunnel in HO with sound!!
-Some fabulous layout in N and HO
-A Z scale oval track pattern with scenery in a Big Suitcase (the type people used to bring on oceanliner)
-Lots of mighty fine operating (big)layout in HO, N scale.
also a few in O scale, three rail, lionel, American flyer, Legoland RR and Garden railway.

The place was crowed. Hard to get a good picture, but I guess we will see...

Glen Haasdyk

I'd love to see the Spiral Tunnel layout. My dad made one in N scale (scaled down 1/3) about 15 years ago but had to dismantle it.

Medicine Man

I must agree with the WOW!!! But CN1,where were you at 9:30?? I waited for you till near 10:00,then I went back to shopping(Hobby West had loco's stacked about 10 deep,all at dropdead price's[I got 2 $160 steamer's for $49 each!]).
This is a definate MUST atend for next year again.
(note to self: start saveing money now,so I will have more to spend)

MM

rockislandmike

A couple of the pics I took are in the photo section. The one kewl thing I did see was four flashing beacons on top of a grain elevator. It looked really good, I think I might have to try that myself.

CN1

Medicine Man. So soooooooory! The better-half insisted we do grocery first.... Didn't make it until 1:00!!

CN1

Deals? You bet! I saw a C-Liner (HO) in CN colors P1K for $50.00. Also saw a Walther Cornerstone building (Furniture-warehouse) for $30.00:thumb:

I went back to buy both about 30 minutes later and they were both gone:curse: :mad: Not very smart of me:(

I also saw an S-1 and SW-3, both P2K in CN colors, for $59.00. AGAIN I missed it. :cry: :cry:

I went around all the booth before I decided to buy, just in case.

Learnt a valuable lesson: Do not leave brain at home:eek: