Wow, looks like we're back in business

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by ezdays, Mar 16, 2005.

1. yellowlynn

yellowlynn Member

I may say that the color is a mite hard on the eyes, BUT , I'm so happy to have it back.
    Great job to all that work(ed) on it

Lynn :) :) :)
  2. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

The blue colour is the original Gauge colour scheme. Before the server change there was an option to have one of 2 colour schemes: Blue Moon, which is probably the one you're used to, or Gauge Classic, which is the colour the Gauge was when it started. And the colour it is now.

So, the blue is actually the "old" colour scheme. :)

3. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

...and remember the caniption fits when they changed it? :D

Thanks for all the work, Petey :thumb: Now...can I have my webpage link back pleeeease? :D
  4. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

:wave: Glad it is fine again. I am from the old school so I thought the color was fine. :rolleyes: I got use to it and can't stand the newer one. :oops: Jim
  5. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

What webpage link shaygetz??
  6. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Good to see it back up! :) :)
    Hmmm...Something awfully familar here. Just can't put my finger on it. :confused:
  7. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member Honest, it was right there...just above the "Updated" dateline :eek: It said; "Visit Bob's Basic and Mostly Credible Railroad, it did, uh huh:p
  8. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

I love my blue!

9. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

Tried to get on last night and had no idea what was going on. Thanks to everyone who did all the hard work and its great to be back.

Ron :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :wave:
  10. Jodam

Jodam Member

I also don't like this colour scheme. It's very tiring on the eyes, and so much dark colour is depressing. If a colour format change option were available, i would stick around.
    I'm certainly not inclined to at present, Modelling in all aspects, should be a pleasant experience, this setup at present, to my mind is not.
    I'll await a reply from admin.
  11. XavierJ123

XavierJ123 Member

Is that why I was told to switch to RC model airplanes?????
  12. N Gauger

I'll let Peter know.. We'll see about the white background... But I don't know
  13. J&A_RR

J&A_RR Member

sorry about bringing up the color issue... sounds like I opened pandora's box or something.... I will ban myself for the remainder of this current minute.
  14. N Gauger

LOL ---- NO Soup For YOU!!!!! hehehehehehe
  15. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Don't worry John. Last time the Gauge was updated, there was a lot of discussion about colour issues. That time around it was a switch from blue to white. Peter fixed the "problem" for all us die-hard blue fans by allowing a choice of colour schemes. He may very well put that option back if we ask him nicely. :) :)

Please keep in mind that he spent 10 hours straight uploading the Gauge to its new home, and didn't get much sleep that night. If you don't like the new colour, feel free to say so, but do it in a respectful, constuctive manner. :)

16. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

He has done a great job. A big thank you Peter.

One question, is there anyway I can reclaim the two wasted inches on the left of my monitor?
  17. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Hey, looks like you're copyin' 2G LOL Cept at 2G, you can control what shows up, if anything, besides the main block. :D :D :D
  18. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

:D :D :D

Thanks for putting my weblink in...Petey? Mikey? :thumb:
  19. N Gauger

'Twas me, Bob... You hit too many keys when you did the link.. :) I fixed it for ya!!! :)

~~Anytime my friend. :)
  20. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Thanks, Mikey. :D