Wow is it just me!!!

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by fifer, Apr 23, 2004.

1. fifer

fifer Active Member

Wow is it just me or have the posts here dropped off dramaticlly in the recent past?

2. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

We're all hiding from the HO'ers! Hold very still and they can't see us little N-scalers! :p:D:p
  3. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

That's it Rory.
    The HOers are such big guys too.

BTW, we live in the same town. :D
  4. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Sorry but I'm to busy to have time to answer this post. :p :rolleyes: :)
  5. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

I've been posting some, but I must admit, that I rarely post in this forum...I'm usualy posting in the Photography forum, or the Scratchin' & Bashin' forum...
    I've always thought the N scalers hold their own pretty well here at The Gauge! :thumb:
  6. fifer

fifer Active Member

Thanks Rory , Will , Ty , and Charlie .
    I was starting to think my DSL went dead LOL.
    I was starting to get scared and lonely:eek: :eek: :sleeping: :confused: :cry: :cry: :thumb: :thumb:

7. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

posted by roryglasgow

What are we supposed to do when we model both? :confused: :eek: :D
  8. Will_annand

a little schitzo are you Pitch?

You have to watch those dual personalities.
  9. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

I see you! :) I always check all the forums. Lots of great ideas and talent in each scale.
  10. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

I'll admit to being schitzo when I try modifying an HO engine to run on an N track. :D :D :D :D
  11. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

Hey, Will! Yeah, Huntsville's such a popular name, every country and every state has to have one. Ya got a Springfield somewhere nearby? :)

Huntsville, Texas was named after Huntsville, Alabama. The Gray brothers, who founded the town, named it Huntsville because it reminded them of their home back in Alabama.

There's another town near here called Onalaska. It was founded by a logger named Thomas G. Rowe (who was originally from New York). Rowe had previously founded the town of Onalaska, Wisconsin. Later, he founded Onalaska, Washington. All three towns were built around lumber mills. He got the name from a poem, which mentioned a place call "Oonalaska."

Another interesting town name relationship is that between Houston and Missouri City, Texas. In the state of Missouri, there is a county called Texas. The county seat of Texas County is a town called Houston. Outside of Houston, Texas is a town called Missouri City. Missouri City was given its name to draw attention to it back in the 1890s when property in Houston, Texas was being advertised in St. Louis, Missouri. OK, got that? :)

Pitchwife, it's only a problem IF you model a dual-gauge railroad AND run two different scales on it at the same time!
  12. Will_annand

Rory, thanks for the explanation. Now I understand :confused:
    Clear as mud.
    No Springfield here, except on my TV once a night :D

And names get switched too.
    On my RR, there are three:

Sligo Junction is now called Inglewood.
    Cataract used to be called Church's Falls.
    Brimstone became "Forks of The Credit".
  13. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

Rory, I was just going to extend the axels on the N loco to fit the HO track. Probably wouldn't be prototype though. ;) :p :D