wow im a newb with gas,

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by rc10gt3jimbo, Dec 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rc10gt3jimbo

rc10gt3jimbo Member

is there any reason to let the engine sit for a few to cool down between tanks , its running rich spitting gas out and runs tanks fast, electrick u have to wait for esc bat and motor to cool between , gas i dont think you do , but ive broken 3 engines , its dead of winter here too, have to rev it to keep it running 15 - 30 degrees f . is it ok t run like 5 tanks in a row , im running a n associated .12 (hauls in my gt came from a tc3 just switch the shaft with the asociated .15)
  2. Steve M

Steve M Member

A short cool down period would help your motor last, but in reality you could probably just keep refilling the tank without shutting off the motor and run as long as you dare.

For our club races we typically run a one hour A-main and these .12 motors are screaming the whole time with only brief 4-5 second pit stops to refuel.
  3. rc10gt3jimbo

rc10gt3jimbo Member

thanx steve most people are too busy laughing at my newbish questions tyeu dont take time to answer them i appreaciate it , wow man 1 hr mains? wholly sheit back 5 years ago i raced electric, i got used to the 5 mnin run tmies, will be nice to go hours at a time

indeed theworld opens up to you whenyusing the right fuel
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.