WOW Company

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Renovo PPR, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

I'm not sure why there is a sudden migration but it is cool to have company in my forum. :thumb:
  2. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

The Caboose is filling up; we used to go 3 days on one page but now we get 3 or 4 new pages a day. I don't what somebody said, but we're benefitting.
  3. dbaker48

dbaker48 Member

Well let's see, I'm overflow from the Caboose. What happened is its all the Chiefs fault. If you notice the Join Date, most of the guys joined about 6 months ago or so. The majority of us are "regulars" on the CTT forum. There was a couple of riffs, and a couple of guys came over here a few months ago. Then there was a more recent issue that came up a couple of weeks ago, and the Chief sent out some emails and here we are.

Sure hope we are NOT overwhelming you guys. The CTT group is a pretty good bunch, I have had the opportunity to meet about 9 or 10, and for the most part just have a good time, and friendship. Looking meeting and getting to know you guys as well!
  4. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

:thumb: I'm am one of the few die hard O scale people in a world of little trains. The strange thing is you would never know there is a difference as you go through the different threads and topics. The little guys treat us as equals which is cool.

This place is only pretty busy around Christmas time after people get their new sets and need advice. Some stay most do not. They seem to move on after the holiday trains season.

I only call it my home because I'm one of the few that post during the off seasons. I like it no big egos and just good old train fun.

It is just nice to see some more people in the G/O/S forum.:wave:

I blame the small train guys on this forum for my love of the Canadian National.
  5. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

its getting colder, less to do outside, so people( like me) run trains when i cant be outside,
  6. cnw1995

cnw1995 Member

Renovo, I've always found myself learning much from the smaller scales. Thanks for the welcome.
  7. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

the major difference is that we push pins in with pliers and you guys bung nails in with a hammer.
    I enjoy looking at trains in other scales; I save so much money by not being tempted to buy them.
  8. Geno

Geno Member

Sometimes I wish I could even get myself to buy another scale (5-6 HO diesels for one command-equipped O diesel- geez!!) , but then when I get a 50'+, multiple power-unit, intermodal drag going I remember why I'm into O.

9. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

The real secret is that this place has far more greater modelers with far less egos. With the exception of Frank I have learned more from the little trains in regards to my modeling.

You all should take a look at some of the videos these guys do. At times I swear they are shooting real trains. The only problem with them is they wire weird. :thumb::mrgreen::mrgreen: Oh and they use this weird type of electronics controls stuff.

In any event it is nice to have some more people posting in the G/O/S.
  10. kpolak

kpolak Member

1. My interests seem geared toward the detailings of the smaller scales. Except the trains. It's a bit strange not to have that center rail...but I can overlook that.
    There are a lot very deadicated modelers here, and conversations seem to focus on that.

2. Too much bickering.

11. Dr. John

Dr. John Member

Well, I don't have too big an ego (I hope) and even less modeling talent! I just like to see what others are doing to gain some inspiration! :mrgreen:
  12. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Kurt: Come up our way and meet Hornby Dublo. HO gauge track with a centre rail. Pity they went out in 1963.
    Then there was Trix Twin -- 3 rails, but the outer ones insulated (bakelite track base) to run 2 trains on each track - centre rail plus one (and only one) running rail. Pity they're gone too.
  13. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Hey, I try to wire only the absolute bare minimum. ;) And I use real 'lectricity, too - sometimes even AC. :-D

Now there's wirin' weird! :rolleyes::eek::p :-D:-D