Would you play a game with paper miniatures?

morfydd

Paper Mini's for wargamming..My pocket book says yes ..and after seeing some of the paper mini's here for warhammer I have to say I will be building several in the near future..I have used 2d papaer mini's in the past those were not satisfying ..but the 3d mini's appear to be very nice ..(especially if hardened (epoxy) and painted..and odds are a few non-paper parts (for convience and str) to make it all work ...

Norjax

I’ve played AD&D, on and off, for almost 20-years. We use 2D paper miniatures (approximately 95mm) with custom injection molded plastic stands. Our decision was based on making a character miniature that looks exactly like the character. Having three artists in the group, we have amasses hundreds of these 95mm miniatures (including a Red Dragon!) to assist our gaming campaigns. We have gone through several generations of improvements.

Our next generation will try to include methods learned from card modeling forums. :thumb:

EDIT: Here are some old master sheets, drawn by me.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Norjax

I’ve played AD&D, on and off, for nearly 20 years. We use 2D paper miniatures (approximately 95mm) because we are able to draw the miniature to precisely match our characters. Having three artists in the group, we have amassed hundreds of the miniatures in full color, including a 95mm Red Dragon at around 2ft tall! We have gone through several generations of improvements. The latest are printed in full color and use a custom molded, plastic stand.

I am hoping to learn some techniques from card modeling forums to improve the next generation of miniatures.

Here are some old master sheets from the third generation. We would color each by hand using colored pencils (color printing was a little costly in the early 90’s).

Tomas Bizzare

I started war gaming with 2d minis cause thats what came with the battletech box back in the days. So would i use the even better paper minis of today you bet i would.