Would You Like Fries With That

rockislandmike

Here's the other project I've been working on recently. Built entirely from scratch, it's a Sonic Drive-In, which will be included on my Hutchinson KS diorama. Mmmmmmmm . . . . I can taste one of their milkshakes right now.

sonic1.jpg

sonic2.jpg

sonic3.jpg

(( the two summers I spent in Houston there was a Sonic half a block away from our apartment, which is why I chose their restaurant; plus it sets the scene more than say a McDonald's or Wendy's, who are ubiquitous; Sonic is much more predominant in Texas and the surrounding states ))

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Great job Mike.

The only Sonic I have been to is near our vacation rental Virginia Beach. Since we have none around here we always hit the one down there while we are on vacation. The kids love it because they get to order from the car and eat in the car.

McFortner

You know, the Sonics here in Georgia (and in Mississippi where I went to College) are a lot bigger than this. I thought everything was bigger in Texas.... :D

OTTH, it looks really great. I have been wondering if anybody out there made one of these. Now I know!

Michael

F

Fred_M

I live in Sonic country. There's one in every town with more than 10 people. Here's some HO scale sonic delivery cars:D :D :D . FRED

Attachments

• sonic cars.jpg
    sonic cars.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 241

Dan Vincent

Mike,

Cool.....Looks like wires coming out the bottom of the sign...guess it lights up.

I live in Longwood, Fl and they just opened a Sonic here.

shaygetz

Would you like fries with that?

No, but I'll have a large 'tots with chili and cheese, a Super Sonic cheeseburger, no mustard and a large Chocolate Creme Pie shake....urp....ooooo, yeah:p Great work:thumb: :thumb: P.S. Your girls do still skate out to the car, right?