would this car be any good?

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by tealage, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tealage

tealage Guest

2. jareb

jareb Guest

the car seems alright, its got the basics 4wd, and drift tires. Check out tower hobbies on the web they also have plenty of cars that you can drift. Pretty much your going to be looking for a 4wd Touring car kit, the one you mentioned should be just fine, but check out the online hobby shops before you bid on the car, a new tamiya touring car can be as low as 100 bucks, plus there are so many different styles and manufacters of 1/10 scale touring kits, they range from about 100 for a basic kit to over 1000 for top level stuff. My advice by this one or a new kit like it to get started, then if you need more speed and style or bragging rights spend more on a premium kit, tamiya kits that you should consider tb01, tt01, tao5, XB. Team associated has one tc4, HPI rs4 3, and also the Yokomo cars. All of these kits are great drifters, the tamiya come the cheapest, and I think their the best for beginners, However I been into rc for over a decade and I still like driving them, there are plenty of hopups for them and most of the bodies and wheels will fit. If you need more help just ask. Im on here about every week.
  3. tealage

tealage Guest

well, i been reading alot lately about rc drifting. if i buy like a 100 kit or what ever, then im pretty sure i need to buy like all the radio recievers and batteries too riight? how much would a car with everything rdy to go cost?
  4. jareb

jareb Guest

Correct most of the new kits youll have to buy a radio, battery packs, charger. Most of the tamiya stuff comes with a motor and speed control, their drift spec kit nice for starters, also they have a few kits for about 85 bucks, then add a cheap battery and charger about 45 bucks, and a radio is usually 50 to 80 dollars for an futaba or airtronics. So for less than 200 dollars you can get started. I know that is a lot of money for most people spend on something you call a toy, but these are racing models and alot of development goes into them, plus these are the cheaper kits to get, the high end models go for about 500 dollars or more and do include a body, motor, electronic speed control, radio, battery or charger. They usually have carbon chassis's and loads of anodized aluminum parts, special shocks, and they copy the setup of racers.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.