World War 1 Aircraft/Airfield @ Buildings

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Scottabot, Mar 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scottabot

Scottabot Guest

Hello everyone,
    I am interested in any WW 1 type Model downloads, my intentions are to create a diarama of an airfield with accompanying structures, vehicles and hints. Can anyone assist me?
  2. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

3. twb962

twb962 New Member

4. cbg

cbg Member

try dawn of aces

Welcome to the forum! One of my first cardmodels and my first biplane ever came from this site. Scroll down to the bottom and you'll find a link to a pdf file for a Bristol Scout, courtesy of Digital Card Models (DCM).

It builds nicely. Here's my pic.

5. cbg

cbg Member

. . .and another

Jeez. . .forgot this worthy site too. They have nice wall paper for your desktop as well.
  6. Zathros

Zathros Guest

CBG, that link is dead and the Pop-Up has some serious spyware associated with it.
  7. cbg

cbg Member

Which site?
  8. Mike Hinrichs

Mike Hinrichs New Member

WWI Stuff- Happy Hunting

Hi Scottabot. I've been interested in WWI era stuff to and, through the course of my internet wanderings, I have come up with a few sites to try.

This site has some excellent Fokker DRI models and several free models of lorries (trucks) and WWI vintage aircraft engines. They also used to have a tent hanger and a kickin' lorrie with spare wings as a load(Fish around. Maybe you can still find it there).;jsessionid=58FF876E36646C78823FC358219EF161

This site has free paper models of LVG and DFW German reconnaissance planes.

This site has free models of WWI era tanks and at least one version of the Halberstadt German fighter (also free).

This site has some interesting WWI era models. In addition, it has a rotating selection of free downloads. At one time, they had a Sopwith Camel and a Swiss Hanriot HD1 for download

These are just a few of the links and resources I've found useful for this type of modeling. Send me a personal message and I can get you in touch with more links.

Happy hunting,

9. Zathros

Zathros Guest

The the link with the Bi-Plane gets you to a search engine which then puts pop-ups with windows that if you were "unsavy" enough to click on would install some nasty spyware. I think the link to the Bi-plane is gone. If there was a link to the direct .pdf, it is not there anymore. It is a nice plane and I wish I had it.
  10. EricGoedkoop

EricGoedkoop Member

The DCM Bristol Scout is available as a free download from Look for "Free Samples" on the main page.
  11. EricGoedkoop

EricGoedkoop Member

Not yet mentioned is Modele Kartonowe, where you'll find a free Morane-Saulnier N, Fokker E.III and Thomas-Morse S-5. The E.III is available in a dozen or so schemes and has been the subject of numerous threads here and elsewhere.

'Course, you could always scratchbuild . . . . .
  12. Zathros

Zathros Guest

@EricGoedkoop, Many Thanks, I just downloaded it.
  13. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Welcome to the fold! You want models you came to the right place. The guys here can link you up to just about anything and you can find several build threads of wwI aircraft on the site too! Have fun and keep cutting!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.