World Class Cardmodels

cgutzmer

May 30, 2006
Sun Prairie WI
www.ecardmodels.com
Hello All!
I am currently creating a book and I am looking for some GREAT models. The intent of this book is to bring our hobby more into the mainstream by showing people what can be done with paper and of course other bits as needed.

What I am looking for: A good solid build is the first need of course. Edges must be colored appropriately. Must be no obvious errors as the main pic will likely be 11-13 inches on its short side and mistakes will be visible in that pic! If its a plane it MUST have a cockpit and wheelwells when appropriate to the style of plane. WWI planes should have full rigging. Ships should have rails when appropriate for the ship. Building should have 3d windows of some kind even if they are not clear, it doesnt need to be a lot just something to break up the walls (a completely flat wall wont cut it) These are just guidelines to let you know what I am looking for - basically stuff that take a good model to the next level.

What I cant use - anything that may be associated with copyright like star wars, star trek, other movies etc etc. Really it might be ok as fan art but its not waters I care to test unless we have some high powered copyright lawyer as a member here willing to do pro bono work ;)

If you have a model you would like considered for this book drop me a PM or if you have seen a model on the forums that you would like to nominate also drop me a PM :)
Thanks!
Chris

Falsemuzzle

May 12, 2009
Raleigh, NC
what an EXCELLENT idea! i, for one, had never even heard of card modeling until i ran into someone at work who had been doing it for years (word of mouth). my friends and i had absolutely no idea that you can make some highly detailed, true to scale, models out of paper. there is some real talent out there...shouldn't be too hard to get your pic. :)

Airborne82

Jun 12, 2010
That is a great idea. I saw a book about it when I was about 8 years old, but then I forgot about it until just recently and I'm 25, so there isn't much awareness of card modelling. Best of luck!