Working Paper Model Steam Engine !

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by andyslogos, Jan 31, 2008.

1. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

:D congrats Thanks for the point in the right direct Jaffro
  3. andyslogos

andyslogos Member

Hey, thanks guys , I'm 'chuffed to bits' with that :mrgreen: I'm glad you mentioned it Bruce otherwise I would never have seen it.

I didn't know Zealot had another 'home page' and I just about never spend any time on forums looking round as I'm not much of a reader ( well not a reader at all!) and I don't want to get 'drawn in' and spend all day on them as could so easily happen, especially somewhere like here !

Sad I know but I've taken a screenshot of the whole page and I've just got to get my POTW :)thumb:) on my website somewhere :twisted:

Anyway it was so nice to have my picture put amongst proper model builders.... ooooh I have a nice warm feeling inside

Many thanks to you all who chose it, the cheques will be in the post later this week !

Best regards
    Andy :wave:
  4. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Those are some good vids of the working steam engine. Looks like you did a good job in the construction, even with those flaws you pointed out. :thumb:
    Now it is time for the static display, eh? :)
  5. andyslogos

andyslogos Member

Thanks Doug, to be honest I was quite surprised the abuse it did take even though I had 'beefed' it up alot. I ran It far too long and at times very fast and was half expecting something to 'lock up' and snap the con rods causing total devastation lol... wouldn't have been laughing it had !

Anyway after I had finished it was all still nice and tight and smooth :mrgreen:

I'm sure everyone on this forum will give a HUGE sigh of relief when they here the website is finally completed and they won't see this damn post on the top of the list every other day :curse::curse:

The small video clips are there (exactly the same as the large ones, er except smaller !) and there are a few more completed photo's, mainly of it in it's final resting home :thumb:

Again thanks for everyone taking the time to reply and write nice things :p , I'm still waiting for my prize for potw though, how long does it normally take ? Also no one asked me what colour I wanted, obviously Rosso Corsa with Tan interior, red carpets and a sports exhaust pipe please (Boy racer) ....

Back to lovely plastic models.

All the best.

6. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Your reward (and the check) is in the mail! :p:twisted:

Seriously, you have done a marvelous job in building the steam engine PLUS making it so that it operates so well. Very impressive! Don't forget us. Come back and surprise us with another of your builds any time. We'd love to see another one. :thumb::thumb:
  7. logicman

logicman Greybeard

Apologies for the 'bump' of an old thread, but I just have to say a big "thank you" to Andy for this one!

I just damloaded it. That's a bit like downloading, but with a big struggle against all my anti-malware programs.