Workin' the yard

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by spitfire, Oct 28, 2007.

1. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Hi folks, I've made some more progress on my layout. Here's CP 6516 pulling a cut of cars at Parkdale Yard in Toronto. The switchstands are from Details West.

The second pic shows some of the tank cars that are waiting on track 1.

2. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

Really nice. I like the back drop.:thumb: Thanks for sharing,

3. Gary S.

Gary S. Senior Member

The building looks real good too. Impressive work, I look forward to seeing more.
  4. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Nice work, as usual, Val. The building in the background has been a favourite of mine since the first time that I saw it, and almost any diesel in maroon and grey looks good. :thumb::thumb:

5. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Thanks folks! Wayne, I am still playing around with backdrop building positions, so that one may end up there or somewhere else.

6. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Its great to see your layout taking shape again Val! Thanks for sharing the pics. I've always admired your backdrop artistry and your excellent structures. Great looking scene!
  7. Glen Haasdyk

Glen Haasdyk Active Member

Good pictures. I too like your backdrop (reminds me that I should do mine) and your canadian tank cars.
  8. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Thanks Ralph and Glen.

Ralph, the backdrop was very easy to do following Gavin Miller's cloud tutorial here:

If anyone wants to get nice summer-y looking clouds, I highly reccommend Gavin's stencil method. It's easy and very effective!

9. brakie

brakie Active Member

Hey Val! That's beginning to look familiar..:thumb:
  10. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

Very good looking! Nice work. (That open window is a nice touch btw...)
  11. Art67

Art67 Member

Great shot of the yard, I need to pick up some of those cool switch stands you have there!