Workin' on main street

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
Thanks for the advice guys,Charlie I think that what your saying about the odd angles makes good sense,the only problem could be that height thing,since my line of sight at 6' 6" would considerably to high for most people.I have several ladders maybe if I break those out.HA;) :) With all the great ideas I'm getting more bogged trying to decide in which direction to go.To finish my city I need to first just START.If you guys could just let me know if I got the order right make a plan, build structures,draw city on layout,put in streets and sidewalks,lighting and finally add structures and debris and vegetation? Did I forget anything? Oh yea, to invite one of you senior members over to help that would certainly help.:) :)

aartwmich

Nov 30, 2002
SW Michigan
www.angelfire.com
Belg..I too am having trouble getting STARTED on my town scene.

I think I will make a list of the structures needed, bank, store, gas station, etc., then draw it out (I have the whole layout drawn on CADD) , making sure what I need and want will fit in my small space, then begin building.

Course I think about it all alot more than I actually work on it..lol It's much easier to sit here in front of this tube and look at others work, gawd I can be lazy!!

One day it will come together...maybe. ;)

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Tyson,
The Nantahala Midland is looking better, and better! You do have to watch those "in the closet fronts", tricky weather that, you never know what might come out of 'em.:D :D :D :D
It's good to see you busy again, hope all is going well. You keep making all those good lookin' additions to the layout, and I'll have to build some more N scale stuff, and journey back down there.
Pete

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Sorry Tyson....
I don't read the N scale thread much, I'm what you call "misguided", though I used to model N years ago.
Looks good, The cork idea gave me an idea for my own streets.
Whenever I get to it.
Gonna have to read this thread more often........

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Yeah 88, I used to just read the n-scale and photo sections. Then one day I started looking thru the other model forums, wow! Now I try to regularly check all the model forums. If I had more time I would also read the real trains forums more often, but right now I just don't have the time to check in there that often, my loss I'm sure.

W

Warbonnet-Fan

Cool town!

Tyson, what praise can I bestow that hasn't already been showered upon you! Great town, it has a realistic feel to it that goes beyond a sum of the parts...

I used HO cork for my Route 66, and it worked out really well...will probably try the N cork next time! Great work, thanks for sharing.