Work in progress

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Here is a picture of the structures I am currently scrachbuilding that together will become a logging camp. I don't have a name for the camp yet!

Attachments

• camp.jpg
    camp.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 202

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
I'll bet that's Robin's window making material. Dry walling mesh.
Robin, neat collection of buildings! It seems that you are continually creating!
Ralph

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
Sorry Jesper
I painted them tonight and have added chimneys and hand rails and such.
Yup, that roll is as you say Ralph.
I work on stuff like this while watching TV. My workbench is a TV table with a cutting board on it.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Robin, Those look excellent, I notice you are using pinking shears (I think) for making the shingles. Nice work indeed.

BTW, how about "Pine View" for the camp site name :D
Shamus

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Super modelling Robin. BUt tell me please, where do you get the patience to do soooooo much repetitive work?? :eek:
The mess hall is one impressive looking building.
Are they all made from sheet styrene?

Let's see the painted ones please. (I need lessons in painting :) )

Errol

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
Thanks for the name suggestions guys. Eroll, they are made out of 1/32 cardboard (the cereal box type) Repetition can be tedious but I cut all the pieces first then gluing doesn't take too long. Shamus, the cutting for shigles is done with a tiny cutting wheel with slight wobbles in it. I think it was intended as a leather cutting tool.
Here is a photo of the cookhouse. Details still to be added.

Attachments

• cookhse.jpg
    cookhse.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 165

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
Well sumpter250, both my wife and I have a bowl of cereal with fruit added for breakfast each morning. When my grandchildren visit, they like cereal too(the sugary kind) As boxes get empty, I save them. I can usually get two structures out of one box. I have enough boxes saved at the moment to make 30 more buildings.

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
What kind of paint do you use Jon? I use those acrylic paints that come in little bottles sold in most craft stores and also in Walmart. I use the first coat of paint full strength and water thinned for washes after the first coat is dry.