Work Diorama

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by rockislandmike, May 31, 2002.

1. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

I'm not even really sure you could call this a diorama, but this is what I've been working on all night (and doing a little bit of decaling).

I don't plan any structures on this, but I will do up the road with a crossing sign, and put a few trees on it. This will eventually end up on my desk at work, along with some older rail units (certainly don't wanna risk my "A" units there, do I).

Attached Files:

2. rockislandmike

PS - the backdrop will not be going to work, it stays here. So it won't look quite so kewl, but at least I'll have trains nearby !!!

Attached Files:

3. rockislandmike

PPS - the total length of the diorama (which is actually set on 1" blue styrofoam) is just over four feet. I measured it perfectly so it will sit against the wall behind my computer, and all along the length of my desk.
  4. Catt

Catt Guest

Mike,you are gonna post pix of it finished .Right??? I like it :)
  5. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Yeah ! Be sure to let us see it when it's done. :)
  6. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Hey, I wanna see more too, Michael!:cool:
    I think that's great that you can decorate your work space with your modeling!
    And dioramas are such a great way to try out new techniques, & display models.
    btw...I really like the looks of that engine, & those "oil cans"!:cool: :cool: :cool:
  7. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

My dentist set up a diorama and has nothing left as he eventually sold it all.
    So where do you work Michael that allows you to have the diorama in your office?