Work Bench Upgrade

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks' started by TrainClown, Apr 24, 2006.

1. TrainClown

TrainClown Member

I don't know about you, but my work bench was a mess! It spred out over two tables and so I resolved to improve things.

I got some work done on my new bench. I think I solved my storage problems. I have come up with a way to store the heavier tools like vice grips and pliers.

Also I found I needed more paint storage. Anyways, here is the new bench.

With a touch of a finger, this secret storage wall comes out.

Here is the unit loaded.

Most of the time it looks like this.

Here is a close-up of the paint storage area. 1 1/2" squares.

This is how I solved my storage for paper patterns and instruction sheets as well as brass and styrene sheets.

I like working while resting my elbows on the table to help hold the work steady. Not much room for elbows on this new bench so I wipped up this nifty rest.

On the bench there you can see the modeling tray that has a ceramic tile in the center, divider sticks to organize stuff and the cutting mat fits nice. I can take this tray up stairs to model in front of the TV if I want to. To the left is my chopper and on the right is the parts tray.

That's all for now. This new area is for assembly and paint. Next I want to develop the construction area.

TrainClown :wave:
  2. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

An anvil and a miniature straw hat... This bench has everything! ;) :D Nice Chris!

3. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  4. santafewillie

santafewillie Member

Inspiring! I wish I could get that organized.
  5. slagpot

slagpot Member

Hello all,

Just thought I'd chime in by posting my before and after work bench retro-fit/get everything where it belongs/can't find anything when needed weekend build. This was built a few months back and needed very badly to say the least.

This is the mess before ......

And this is after, still a mess ,but i know where something is now.

Also buit a fold down test track for use with a old Tyco powerpack with alligator clips.

Hope it gives you folks some ideas how totidy up your workbench too.

Dragon River Steel Corp {DRSC}
    Modeling a HO scale steel mill complex.
  6. fsm1000

fsm1000 Member

Looks good, I like it. Looks like you spent a good deal of time on it. Looks well thought out. :)
  7. Looks good and puts everything in one place, I like the idea. Issue I have is to find a spot where I can centralize my mess to attempt to build that.