Woops!

prodigy2k7

Dec 17, 2006
I just realized that I took off too many ties when i was trying to solder my tracks together...
I was putting my soldered track down and then BOOM i found out there was no hole in a tie for my to pin down... :( lol... I simply used a push pin next to the track to hold it in place....

So I am guessing you can only remove 1 tie on each end of flex track in order to able to pin/nail it down...

That rises another question, when you cut track, say into little 4 inch pieces of something, how do u nail them down properly?

Actually glue will hown it down fine right?
Like DAP Dynaflex 230

radar

Jan 14, 2007
wichita , KS
Yes the glue will hold it down save those ties that you remove! you can cut the little nubbins "spike heads" and slid them back under the rails so you don't have a missing gap in joint area when you go to put down ballest.

prodigy2k7

Dec 17, 2006
Woops again, i ripped them off LOL!
go newb power! lol..
How do u put them back on, glue em?

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
That pin vise and drill that was mentioned in one of your other threads works for drilling holes in ties too. One of those basic, indispensable tools for modeling. Get an assortment of drill sizes.

radar

Jan 14, 2007
wichita , KS
I trim off the bumbs and just use elmers or super glue! be careful around turnouts with glue!!! stay awawy from the "points"

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
I try not to put pins through the middle of the ties. I put spikes in on the outside of the rail, between the ties; if i add ballast (I'm naughty and don't always) I remove most of the spikes after the glue dries, if I can still see them. Sometimes I use big pins just to position the track.
I knew one fellow who pushed the pines in sideways where the "spike" heads were. Until he told me, I didn't notice them. (Peco track and pins).