Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by jon-monon, Nov 18, 2002.

1. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

I've been tryin' to win one of these babies forever, but I always get outbid (or I don't even bid because others already ran it up too much!). I didn't want to spend $30 on it, but I ended up getting one for a lot less, and a boxy car with a birdhouse on the roof to boot! I had to get one that doesn't run, but I'll get over it. The last Fleischmann cars I was watching went for over $40. Maybe they were special or sumpthin, but they didn't even come with a birdhouse. I'm happy as a clam :D :D :D
  2. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

Congrats, Jon. Should fit right in with your others. Course, now we know your ebay id, so we can tell it's you we're bidding against !!!! :D :D
  3. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

hehehe t. woulda guessed it anyway. I only bid during the last 30 seconds if I can be there. Otherwise, it just draws attention to it and people just run it up more. Appearantly, they don't know what they want to pay for something :D :D :D

My first metal bodied industrial. I'm moist with anticipation!
  4. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

It feels go to finally win one. It took me almost a year to finally win a pink Albert City covered hopper. IU would always get outbidded in the last minute. Sometimes I could not believe the prices they went for.
  5. interurban

interurban Active Member

Hi Jon if we had known how much that made you happy we would have sent you one from Canada with a towel for a rub down. :D :eek: :D ;)

6. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

LOL! You still can! I have two of most of the other critters, and my first fleischmann doesn't run (yet) so if you promise a running model, I might need two towels! :D :D :D

Blame msh for the graphic detail, BTW. I didn't even know grown men got moist with anticipation until HE posted about his moisture problem :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  7. interurban

interurban Active Member

Tough:eek: no moist no fleischmann;)

what a pity

8. t. alexander

t. alexander Member

Well Congrats! Jon. Your right I would have guessed it was you.
    I'm suspecting Dawg was the one bidding though, as you went all to pieces and passed out on the floor from the pressure of those last few moments.:D :D

9. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Yep, SuperDawg keeps pumpin the refresh button, til there's only a few seconds left and then enters the bid!
  10. Topo

Topo Member

Oh, NO!!! Another time on the carpet... NO, Jon!! :D :D :D

(Man! You really enjoy this hobby!!) :eek: :rolleyes:
  11. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Just don't tell my wife, or she'll beat me with a rolled up newpaper and make me sleep inthe garage... again. Man, it's getting cold out there!