Woodland scenics, Scenic Cement

Discussion in 'Product Review Forum' started by Conrail, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Conrail

Conrail Member

Hmmmmmmmmmm...... appears to be nothing more than watered down white glue IMO. I could be wrong here. There may be some special formula for this stuff but watered down Elmers Glue All is what I replaced my Scenic Cement with and it does the same job. Depends on what you like to spend money on I suppose.
  2. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Hi Conrail,

Yes, you can do the job with other glues. I believe that technically, the Scenic Cement is a matte medium, but the end result is the same. I think that some WS stuff is very worthwhile like the groundfoam, but some things like the spray bottle and scenic cement have other, cheaper alternatives.

Here's a past discussion about WS alternatives.

3. Conrail

Conrail Member

Don't get me wrong..... I love ALOT of WS stuff. I have bought a ton of it and will continue to do so. [​IMG] Just letting someone else know that before they buy 20 bottles of WS Scenic cement... might want to consider what I found to be an equally performing, cheaper alternative. Might also want to check www.scenicexpress.com they have awsome items!! Thanks for the link.

Additional note: I did want to say also that the item did perform as it was supposed to and did a great job...but you can see how much cha ching it might cost to use it on your entire layout.
  4. brakie

brakie Active Member

Oddly I found the WS matte medium to work quite well and very handy for those of us that hate to mix glue and water together and far lets slop and mistakes..
    Well,that's my story and I am sticking to it.. :D
  5. Conrail

Conrail Member

Ha Ha.....thats funny...ha ha [​IMG]
    I agree about the cement working well....
    But I don't understand the part about "mistakes" & "slop". Seriously.... if someone can't mix glue and water together without problems........then they probably shouldnt be modeling... Cooking a hot dog is more complex.