Woodland Scenics Road System Top Coat

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by Kerrskountry, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Kerrskountry

Kerrskountry New Member

Hi y'all

It's been a while since I last posted a question or comment, but it's sure good to be back.

I'm in the process of creating a highway on the perimeter of my layout. I'm trying out using cork roadbed (had a lot left over) with around a 1/2 inch gap between halves and topping it with posterboard. I plan on painting it with the Woodland Scenics top coat asphalt and concrete paints and was wondering if this can be done with an airbrush. It says to brush paint it on the instructions but airbrushing would be so much easier and give me a better looking coat.

Has anyone airbrushed this stuff in the past and does it work well on posterboard? Your comments woild be appreciated.

Rockaway Beach and Western RR
  2. not sure on the air part but save some $$$$ i bout some black craft paint at wal mart for 44 cents and it seems to prvide the same look
  3. tillsbury

tillsbury Member

Indeedy. Any old flat or semi-gloss black, spray can, brushed or whatever, then go over it with either light or dark gray weathering powder -- more makes it older or lighter, patchiness makes it more rural...