Woodland Scenic Scenery Question

jlg759

Jun 3, 2003
stateline pa
mywebpages.comcast.net
Hello I am getting ready to add scenery to my model railroad and I am looking for some tips. I'm modeling the C&O in the moutains and I have various shades of woodland scenic grasses, clump flage etc. Can they all be used together or should only certain colors be used. I have looked and seen no reference to a time of season each package of material is for. Thanks Joe

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
They can be used together, I have several "custom" colors made from every color they offer plus, among other things, pencil sharpener shavings, demagnetized parking lot dirt, sawdust, etc.:thumb:

L

lester perry

Lots of trees. More trees. Rocks, lots of rocks. Big ones. All shades of green also some brown for dirt.
Les

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
I see your from Penn. When I lived back there 30 years ago, it seemed that Pennsy and up state NY looked very similar and much like what pics I've seen of the Chessapeak Bay and Appallachians look like. I would get some pictures of the area you want to model during the season you want to model and mix and match various scenery materials until you get something that looks right to you. The scenery manufacturers can provide scenery materials in various textures and colors, but it is up to the modeler to make it look like the area you are modeling.