wooden structures

BcRailNameGuy1

Mar 30, 2002
British Columbia Canada
Visit site
Greetings all,
I was wondering if anyone here at "THE GAUGE" constructs wooden structure kits (J.V MODELS, Builders in Scale...) for a living or a bit of extra $$?
I purchased a few kits and with most of my time being taken up by looking after the lil fella, I can't seem to find the time to do any of it. :eek:/
If anyone is interested, please let me know!
Thx!

alkcnw

Apr 10, 2002
camp douglas Wis.
Visit site
Hey BC, I've built kits for freinds and fellow modelers, wooden kits my favorite, but I never wanted money for them. The one problem with building a kit for someone that lives far away is you have to ship the finnished model by mail and usually they arrive in more pieces than you started with. What kind of structures do you have in mind?:eek:

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Word of Encouragement

Hey BC, Know where you're coming from on this. I'm on the opposite end of the stick taking care of my 96 year old, extremley infirm Mom. Do most of my stuff late at night after she's asleep.

Go ahead and start one of the simpler kits. Even if you don't add but one or two sticks every day or so it will eventually get done.:) Besides it makes you sleep good at night:) :D :D :D

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi BC,
Never built woodlits from any manufacture, always scratchbuild my own. Here's a photo showing the engine shed-water tower and sanding unit I built.
Its a pity that you live too far from me, otherwise I would build them for you.

Shamus

Attachments

• shed06a.jpg
    shed06a.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 122

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
Love The Water Tank!

Shamus...Any chance of posting or sending me some rough plans for that water tank? That's exactly the sort of thing I'd like for my layout. Even just a basic doodle to get some ideas going would be GREAT!!

Thanks!:)

farmer ron

Jan 18, 2002
B.C., canada
Visit site
BC RailGuy: Where in BC you live ? I know Tom Beaton of Surrey, BC was doing up wood kits. He is the editor for one of the logging RR mags, I do not know the name of it right now will have to go and see if I can find one for you. If you check 411 I know he's in the phone book. Ron, Abbotsford BC