wooden hopper car

N

nachoman

here is a wooden hopper car I just got together. It's made mostly out of illustration board and stripwood, based on plans in a very old model railroader. I have three more on the workbench that need completion. All that's left for this one is lettering and a little additional weathering.

kevin

Attachments

• hoppercar.jpg
    hoppercar.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 173
N

nachoman

well, I gotta dig up that old issue. It's a Jack Work orticle from about 1958...

kevin

N

nachoman

it is october 1958 model railroader. I could scan the article, but I don't know if posting it here is okay because it is copyrighted material.

kevin

Greg Elems

Dec 19, 2002
Reno Nevada
Visit site
I just happened to come into several boxes of magazines. I may have a couple copies of that issue. Would you be interested in that issue? As for copying and posting, that was nearly 50 years ago. How long do copyrights hold for magazine articles?

Greg Elems

N

nachoman

OK, I'll take a photo of the inside. It is detailed. I will also show you one under construction.

kevin

N

nachoman

Here are photos that show the inside of the car, and another car under construction. Sorry for the quality of the first photo. My camera does not do so well trying to take photos that close up, I guess.

kevin

Attachments

• hopper3.jpg
    hopper3.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 73
  • hopper2.jpg
    hopper2.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 70