Wonder what scale these are???

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
Here's a couple of pictures of my kids RR set...built on wooden track. We also have a P42 Amtrak Superliner set that "tours" their empire from time to time. Mostly, these work horses climb their mountains and cross their bridges avoiding Lego avalanches and toy car road hazards.

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_0049.JPG
    Copy of IMG_0049.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 100
  • Copy of IMG_0052.JPG
    Copy of IMG_0052.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 101
  • Copy of IMG_0053.JPG
    Copy of IMG_0053.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 100

Cornreaper

Apr 26, 2006
Barrie, ON
I think the louver configuration on the CN unit is off. Also, I believe #2003 actually had dynamic brakes. And where are the lift rings????;)

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Also..The fans are a scale 36", not 42" like on the prototype.:thumb: :thumb:

Actually, I was given one of those alarm clock that looked like a railroad crossing signal. You know, the one that make train noises and had a small section of track.Out of curiosity, I was wondering what scale that track was. Taking a piece of prized HO rolling stock I tried it...It was actually a perfect piece of HO track....and made a cool display for the rolling stock.

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
Actually, they are some great diesels and cars from Whittle Shortline RR out of St. Louis. I've been to their store located about 20 feet or less from working tracks, in an old station house. My kids love them, they've got powerful magnets and some realistic paint jobs considering they're wooden. They run on kid-power and on regular wooden track like Brio/Thomas (or any other knock-off brands). The owner is a retired guy who tried to please his grandson when the kid asked for a train "like that one there" (pointing to a newer diesel). What grew from a kitchen table production is now a factory where they're made (mostly by hand) in Missouri. My kids have yet to really dent one or scratch the paint off...and they're played with a lot. Check out www.woodentrain.com for more details. (And I get nothing from the company for this endorsement...just passing on a good company that makes quality stuff at a fair price.)