With the glang ,,glang of the warning bell

interurban

With the clang ,,clang of the warning bell

A Box Motor and freight negotiate the street trackage.

Attachments

• p1010146.jpg
    p1010146.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 178

interurban

As a guest at the Railway Hotel watches the freight go by on a lazy Saturday morning in a time gone by

Attachments

• p1010149.jpg
    p1010149.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 177

interurban

I can hear the flanges screeching , and wish I was there !!!
Is`nt this hobby great when you can take a step back:cool:

Attachments

• p1010152.jpg
    p1010152.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 177

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Chris,
your tracks in the street look good!
Never thought I'd be putting down rails in concrete, much less in N scale, but the shipyard module will have the drydock crane rails, and the 3' gauge rails of the SHS&D, layed down with concrete to the height of the rail heads. Yeah, the project was too easy, I had to complicate it a little. :D :D
Pete

shaygetz

Gotta love them square nose juice jacks:thumb: Ah, but do I spy a former F unit under all that 'lectrical stuff an' paint?;)

Flangehead

Nice looking scenes! I like your kitbashed locos, maybe I should take the saw to some of those old diesel carcasses laying around and
make a homemade job just for fun.
As a kid, I grew up near the right of way of the long abandoned Washington (DC) & Old Dominion Railroad. They had a few strange pieces of equipment from the pictures I've seen. I read a report on the ICC Railroad Accident website about a wreck on the line back in the thirties or forties. Seems two trains tangled shortly after one of the crews stopped for a lunch consisting of mostly wine!

interurban

Thanks Flangehead;)

I Think in those days the wine could vanish right fast "hic".

I would like to see any scratch building you do :thumb:

Great shots, Chris.

And like you, I wish I were there.

I dunno tho. Seems like sound travels differently up there in the frozen north. I mean it sounds like "glang, glang, glang" to you. Down here, in the warmth, it always sounded like "clang, clang' clang'!

Keep up the great work --- and keep the great pix coming.

BillS

jon-monon

:wave: :wave: :wave: You da Traction Man! :wave: :wave: :wave:

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Great work as usual, Chris! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Originally posted by Bill Stone

I dunno tho. Seems like sound travels differently up there in the frozen north. I mean it sounds like "glang, glang, glang" to you. Down here, in the warmth, it always sounded like "clang, clang' clang'!

Well, when you freeze sound, it gets crisper, so it should be klang klang for our buddies in the Great White North. I think this is a case of language gap :D :D :D

Flanghead, some of the most rewording work I've done has been the result of taking a loco or rollin' stock to the table saw. I say GO FOR IT!!! :D :D :D

Well done!!

Interurben, very nice!!

I was never much of a traction guy... they weren't diesels you know!! But you have been changing my opinion about that for sure. I know more about traction now than I ever did before:p :p

Your kit/scratch building is great and your shots are 'in there' :thumb: :thumb:

Now, I realize that we are talking electric here, but did these things make 'any' noise when they were working?

Drew

Drew1125

Excellent!

Wow, Chris!
Your excellent modeling looks sooo good in that "cityscape" scenery!
It really does convey a sense of, not only a place, but as you said, "a time gone by".
Very well done, my friend!
:cool: :thumb: :thumb: :cool:

interurban

Wow!! thanks for all the kind comments friends!!:)

Hi Drew,, so glad I have helped you appreciate Traction a little more, That is a bonus for me my friend:cool:
Regarding the "noise'' the traction / box motors ect make .
They are in a class of there own Drew,, you have got to experiance the"tick a tick a tick a compressor makes as they idle or, the whine of the motors as they power up,, the sounds of the wheels and flanges as the negotiate the various trackage, and of course the wire as it "sings" when the pole/pan glide under the wire. Just to mention a few sounds.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
If you can visit a Traction museum, and ride the rails, then you will know!:D :D :D :D :D :D :p :cool: :wave: