Wiring Atlas O switches w/MTH DCS?

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Kyle, Dec 4, 2005.

1. Kyle

Kyle New Member

I was just wondering if anybody could tell me how to wire my Atlas swithces into the AIU so that I could control them with DCS and the handheld remote?

2. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

Sorry to say, I don't have Atlas switches. Do they have 3 wires to the controler ? :confused:
  3. Kyle

Kyle New Member

There are 3 wires from the switch to the controller. The way I understand the switches is that they need a pulse of around 14-18 volts to actuate the switch. I tried connecting to the AIU (accessory interface unit) part of DCS, but nothing I tried worked. I'm sure that somebody smart has figured a way to do this.
  4. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

OK - this shouldn't be too hard to do. One wire will go to the common and each of the other wires will go to the NO or NC. This part is a guess.

Have you programed the Remote for your switch? Once you have, it should be just pushing the sw button on the remote, selecting which switch, and pressing the soft keys for striaght or turn. :thumb:

Hope this helps ;)

5. Kyle

Kyle New Member

Thanks for the idea, but I tried that already and couldn't get it to work that way.
  6. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

7. Kyle

Kyle New Member

thanks a lot. That worked! Appreciate the help.
  8. wwyckoff

wwyckoff New Member

Can you send me the Atlas switch to MTH AIU wiring instructions link? The one in this thread does not work...