WIP Sagrada Familia

Discussion in 'Architecture Models' started by cdavenport, Jan 13, 2008.

1. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

I have been working on this Domus Kit model for sometime now. While it is a very easy build, there are zilliions of little parts; they all fit beautifully. I am stalled at a section of the build where the parts breakout is not quite so clear, so I have been girding my loins as I proceed. I hope to have this thing built soon so I can move on to other projects.

I like to photograph my models as if they were the real thing which explains the extreme angle. I shot these on an overcast day. Later, I'll get some shots with sun and clouds to give better lighting and a more interesting perspective.

My method is simple, wide angle lens, the wider the better, Av mode with the aperture stopped down as far as it will go for the greatest depth of field (DOF). Since this is digital, I override the AF mode and shoot in manual focus. In the viewfinder, the model is out of focus and the camera will not let me take a shot in AF mode. I get the best focus I can and let DOF do the rest for me. Hope you like them.

Attached Files:

2. tino

tino Member

Congratulations for this impressive model!
    Its possible to see more pictures?
  3. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

I like the way you've done these, particularly photos 3 and 4. Some "regular" shots and a couple of overheads would really be great. Thanks for sharing your work with us!

4. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

Thanks for the remarks. I still have to finish the model and search for a suitable background against which to photograph the model. After seeing some others' work, sort of makes me wish I had opened the windows and lit the thing, but there is a limit to how much one can take!

I'll get some more pix posted showing the impressive detail of the model.