WIP Lamborghini Reventón

Discussion in 'Commercial & Civilian Vehicles' started by Trakk, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Trakk

Trakk Member

Because i'm a huge Lambo fan i bought the Reventón files from Baros.
    He did a great job designing and texturing the model but i wanna make it as realistic as i possibly can so first of all i'm gonna scale the model to 1:10! (original 1:16)
    Not only to make it more detailed but also because i like big papermodels :p
    I'm also gonna use some high resolution pics to texture my model.
    And maybe spraypaint the body but i'm not sure yet.
    This build is gonna be a long time project because i mainly got time for this during the weekends and next week i go on holiday to Vegas balloon6
    I still got lot's of work to do rescaling and retexturing, but i started to build the right front and back wheel to check if the scale is correct. I erased all the joints and used my own method to build the wheels and i'm pleased with the result... judge yourself:

2. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

A great start. Enjoy Vegas!
  3. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

that wheel came out real good. i look forward to seeing this.
  4. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

5. mauther

mauther Active Member

The whell looks real to me. Thanks for sharing.You are doing a great job.
  6. zealousy

zealousy Member

Great job on the wheels man...I'm envious ;)
  7. Trakk

Trakk Member

Thanks for the nice comments :wave:

Virajmperera, i'm a novice in papercraft building and this is the first paper car i build. With lot's of patience, the right tools and a little knowledge of photoshop anyone can do this.... so no need to be envious :wink:
  8. JT Fox

JT Fox Member

It's only a wheel.

But it must be said, a very nice wheel.

Excellent start to build, waiting to see more.

Cheers JTF
  9. zealousy

zealousy Member

I dunno about you but that sounds like a lot of work and a lot of skill so I'm still envious LOL:) keep up the good work, will be watching this one..I'm a Lambo fan myself but I din come around to pay for this though....With the current exchange rates, I might give it some thought :)
  10. Biroka

Biroka Member

Very detailed and built great, if the rest will look just like this it will be an amazing model. Many patience henceforward!
  11. Fedev

Fedev New Member

Very nice model!!! :thumb:

How can I get it?
  12. Trakk

Trakk Member

Finally an update on my Lamborghini Reventón build :oops:
    Sorry it took me so long but retexturing the model was very time consuming. I also had to make some minor changes to the original model to make it more accurate to the real Reventón.
    I completed most of the body in 4 seperate parts: front, back, left- and right side, and spraypainted those parts.
    The interior is almost completed, only the seats are missing.
    The only thing that need to be done completely is to retexture and build the motor, but those are just a few parts that are easy to build so that wont take long.
    I hope to show you the finished model within 2 weeks but here are some pics for now:
    In this pic it seems like the body (sides) is too compact but the real thing looks ok ;-)

13. zealousy

zealousy Member

Man that's impressive!!!!
  14. clif52

clif52 Banned

WOW! In the words of Darth Vader: "Impressive, Most Impressive! Very real looking.
  15. cp1963

cp1963 New Member

Very impressive work, Trakk. I am new to paper modeling, and seeing work like this makes me want to try the same thing. What type of paper are you using? Any advice on building quality models would be greatly appreciated.
  16. Trakk

Trakk Member

Thx everybody for the encouraging words.

cp1963, this is my 4th papercraft build ever so i'm also pretty new at this.
    The only tips i can give you from my little experience is to have alot of patience, take your time to color the edges of the paper parts and score all the foldlines before you glue them together.
    I use 200g/m² paper to make it as sturdy as possible because i make this model scale 1:10.
    Another important thing is the type of glue you use.
    I use Scotch gel universal.
    It dries very fast but you still got enough time to shift the parts till they match correctly (is this understandable english? sign1), excess glue can easely be removed and it's strong as hell!!
  17. cp1963

cp1963 New Member

Thank you Trakk. I really appreciate the advice. I am even more impressed when I see that this is only your 4th paper model. You are good at what you are doing. By the way, your english is fine. Where can I get a copy of this Lambo in the same scale as yours? Is this possible?
  18. Trakk

Trakk Member

19. Trakk

Trakk Member

Update pics.... but first something for you all to know:

some guys were asking my version of Baros' Reventón model so here's my answer:

Like i said in the forum the templates i use for my Reventón are Baros' work.
    I just rescaled and retextured his model and because i build his Reventón in scale 1:10 i can put more detail in the car.
    On some parts i used tick cardboard (for example on the steering wheel). I also made some extra's that are missing on Baros' car, like a driving mirror, seatbelts and paddles behind the steering wheel. I also changed the shape of some parts to create a more authentic look. So if you're a little creative you can build the same or even a better Reventón with the files from baros. I can't send you my rescaled/retextured files because Baros didn't gave his files for free and i don't have the parts i altered saved on my harddisk.

As for a question about how i painted the body:
    I bought Marabu Do It Metallic Spray in a hobbyshop, so i just spraypainted out of a can (so no airbrush).

Update pics: I completed the interior and retextured and built the engine.

20. loudog49

loudog49 Member

Wow, it looks so totally real! :shock:

That interior is amazing! Quite a joy to see you build this. :mrgreen: