WIP: A beginner's model designing software

Discussion in 'Software' started by Lex, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Hi all, a friend of mine and myself are currently developing a simple and easy-to-use program for modeling and unfolding cardmodels. It has the basic functions that enables one to design a cardmodel (aircraft, primarily), and to get an idea of CAD essentials in model design. It is still a WIP at this stage, but if everything goes to plan we hope to release it with some sample tutorials on model design. Hopefully there would also be a shareware version available.

Please tell me what you think of this. :)

Attached Files:

2. rlc321

rlc321 Gundam designer wannabe

wow lex that looks amazing is the software gonna be able to build 3d and then unfold in 2d i only ask as the screen grabs look 2d orientated but a progy that will do both will be a great benifit....
  3. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

What a cool idea!! So basically will this be an "all in one" type deal? So someone can design, unfold, print and build a model using one simple to use program? ( I know you said that already but it seems to good to be true :D).

Good luck with it, I wish you all the best, the card modeling community could really use something like this... and those of us with no skill in designing will either learn something from it, or just be happy for all the new models that will become available thanks to your program.
  4. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

This could prove an immense benefit to the carmodel community at large Lex. If the intimidation factor is low that would be great! Looking forward to your completed work.

5. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Thanks! We hope to get more people into designing cardmodels this way. And yes, there will be a "print" and ".dxf export" function included in the commercial release ^^
  6. AdamN

AdamN Member

any chance it will be available for mac?
  7. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Well, it's something made with VB so chances for a Mac version are slim... Neither of us are experts at this. I suppose I have heard of a "PC emulator" for Mac users, but I'm not sure about that.
  8. AdamN

AdamN Member

Thanks for the effort! I look forward to seeing the fruits of your labor.
  9. chajal

chajal New Member

Spanish help? (jejeje , I like more in spanish)
  10. silentbrain

silentbrain New Member

Woah, looks cool! Good luck with this undertaking!
    Hopefully it will be able to figure out nonplanar geometry better than pepakura? *crosses fingers*
  11. bilge

bilge New Member

can we download it?
  12. 57townsman

57townsman Member

That looks awesome! I think there is a large untapped market for "simple to use" design software. Looks like you guys are off to a flying start also. Looking forward to further developments (no pun intended, but I'll still take credit for it:mrgreen:).

13. lillorizzo

lillorizzo New Member

Hi there. What happened to your software?

HARDICE New Member

has there been any follow up on the Shareware for us nubes, I find this extreamly exciting.