Win pair of vintage models

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Maico Shark, Jul 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maico Shark

Maico Shark Guest

You can win a pair of Italian made ESCI - ERTL Armor model kits vintage 1983! 1/35 scale

ISRAELI M60A1 BLAZER complete kit all parts sealed in plastic, includes instruction sheet, decals.

SOVIET UNION BMP2 INFANTRY COMBAT VEHICLE looks like complete kit but not sealed includes instructions, decals.

TO WIN-
    1.-Post photo of your model (must be built by you) along with construction details.

2.-Only one model per member may be entered.

3.-Each entrant starts his own thread in this forum with title being the name of the model.

4.-Comments by members are invited but nothing derogatory permitted.

5.-Contest ends August 31st.

6.-Poll posted & voting begins Sept 1st (each member allowed one vote)

7.-Voting ends Sept 21st with prizes shipped to winner postpaid.

2. Maico Shark

Maico Shark Guest

Guess no one's interested...Probably the prize is a bit hokey but I thought someone might want them (for free). Don't know if I'll let this contest stay up if nobody's interested. Guess I'll need to invest in a better prize. I'll give it another week...I'm actually embarrassed by the lack of interest.:oops::oops::oops::oops:
  3. Tim Crowe

Tim Crowe Member

Contest time is too short!

Currently building an A7V four months on - Still on suspension and tracks!

4. davelant

davelant Member

Yeah, for most of us a week is a lightning build, not to mention the effort of photographing and documenting it. Though I have seen at a convention something called "Iron Modeler", modeled of course after "Iron Chef," where plastic modelers were given base kits and a box of junk (sorry, I mean spare parts) and given four hours. With a team of four or five, zip kicker to instantly set the CA glue, and enough spray paint, credible results are possible--at least for styrene plastic modelers. Though ideally you'd want that paint to set a couple of days so you could clear coat, decal, flat coat, etc. Ahh, the joys of Advanced Modeling Syndrome!
  5. Maico Shark

Maico Shark Guest

This is open to any model you have built (regardless of when).
  6. Tim Crowe

Tim Crowe Member

I'm first!

See my entry over in the armour section

7. Maico Shark

Maico Shark Guest

Please post a photo here Tim along with appropriate info.
  8. gman95687

gman95687 Member

it says open to all genres of model making, does that include aluminum or other forms of metal?

9. Maico Shark

Maico Shark Guest

Sure...model building transcends the medium the craftsman uses . If I wanted to limit the field I would have said so. After all, it will be our members who decide what they like (if & when we get some entries) I do apologize for the prizes, I'm putting them up & the shipping out of my meager funds but just wanted to get something started.
  10. gman95687

gman95687 Member

prizes look fine to me. Do I post a photo of the completed model, or a build report? Do I need to start a new thread? thanks!

11. Maico Shark

Maico Shark Guest

I advise starting your own thread here so members can ask questions. Complete or incomplete doesn't matter to me though it might matter to the voters.
  12. gman95687

gman95687 Member

thread started under the heading current competitions!
  13. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

I just noticed this...things tend to get buried quickly here and are easily passed over. Personally, I applaud your effort and hope it works out for you. That M60A1 is great, I'd love a shot at it but don't believe any of my work really qualifies. By all means, don't be embarrassed at your effort, again, I hope it works out for you.
  14. the4ce

the4ce Member

Sound interesting, especially that I like plastic models. :twisted:

I want to be sure on something:
    - When you made the model doesn’t matter, even if it was years ago?
    - Can I change my entry model?

It's too bad that you can put only one model. :(

EDIT: "1.-Post photo of your model (must be built by you) along with construction details."

You mean that we need to say how we build it or too post pictures with the construction process?
  15. Maico Shark

Maico Shark Guest

Just means stuff like how many hours...type of could mention costs but don't need to....whatever the builder wants to share with the members here (we're getting hundreds of viewers, so voting may be brisk) as many photos as you feel tells the story. If you want to change an entry before Aug 31st that will be okay with me, just post the new thread & I'll delete the old one. In answer to one question, I will ship these to the winner, postage paid by me, wherever they may be.

And thank you Shaygetz for your kind encouragement. There will be many more contests & prizes to come. Hope you find the time to enter.
  16. the4ce

the4ce Member

One more question: the winner will get the two models or there will be two winners?

Thank you for the info.
  17. Maico Shark

Maico Shark Guest

Winner gets both models.
  18. The Hermit

The Hermit Member

Can my tank model build from earlier this year qualify? i have allready made an build post on it in the forum?
  19. Maico Shark

Maico Shark Guest

Yes, if you built it, it qualifies. But you must do a thread here not just a link back to your build thread.
  20. the4ce

the4ce Member

I can still post my model at any hour I want tommorow(31 august)?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.