Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by MCF, Dec 29, 2005.

1. MCF

MCF Member

Are any Williams engines TMCC? How does the quality of Williams compare to that of Lionel?
  2. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

I do not believe that Williams offers any of there engines with TMCC.

I believe you can add it thou.

I don't own any to do a comparison, sorry
  3. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Williams does not make anything in Command. They can be convered at a cost. They make solid as a rock products. Some do not have the details as Lionel, MTH, Weaver nor Atlas [especially]. Still great running engines and lifetime warranty. Join the Williams Club [$25] and get a free car and then discounts on Williams products. A great dealer to order from is marty@mapajunction.com. MA&PAJunction.com Enjoy.
  4. Geno

Geno Member

Williams does make a ultra-reliable engine if you are only into conventional running. The detailing on some diesels (Dash-9, SD-45, GP-38) is somewhat lacking IMO, espeically with the handrails and shell. But they do make a nice platform to add TMCC onto- some members of AGHR (my train club down here in SoCal) have done so with great success.

5. martyv

martyv New Member

Geno and Chief Eagles,
    Wouldn't one be able to run a Williams locomotive with a DCS system as one would run any other conventional locomotive? I am getting ready to purchase a DCS system and the O-Gauge Magazine DCS Video said you can run ANY conventional locomotive.

martyv ;)
  6. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

martyv - you sure can with DCS. If you use the VAR 1 or VAr 2 track then you can control them via the DCS remote.

You can also control them the old fashion way, via the transformer and it's handles. If you power your TIU with aux power, and use Fix 1 and 2, then you can control the conventional engine with the transformer.