http://www.railimages.com/albums/jeremiahsiembida/aat.sized.jpg[/IMG]
And another of the same:
aau.sized.jpg

Lastly, what it looks like from a railfan's perspective:
aay.sized.jpg

McFortner

Originally posted by SD90
BTW, what are you using for ballast?

I was wondering the same myself. It kinda looks like the colored sand for sand painting (which I was considering trying out for my ballast in N....).

Was I even close?

Michael

jawatkins

Looks great. I especially love those tall trees. How did you make them? I'm kind of getting to be a tree freak.

Can't wait to see the rest:cool:

All woodland scenics.
Trees, ballast, ground foam and lichen.
As for the ballast, I took 2 bags of fine gray, a bag of brown, a few tablespoons of iron ore all mixed up. The trees are the 42-pine tree kit in the bag. I think some trees need more foliage glued on. Whaddaya think?
Thanks for all the compliments. It really does look deep, although the section I just worked on is about 1.5" deep. Including the 1/2" foam backdrop!
How did I make 'em?
Bend the tree armature to how youlike it, I generally twisted mine with pliers. I then brushed on cheapo elmer's Rubber Cement, dipped the still-wet armature into a bag of deep green coarse ground foam. When dried, I sprayed on a thick mist of water/glue mix to fix it all permanently. I then poked a hole intot he hard shell plaster cloth, and added a drop of white glue, to fix the tree in place. Teh tree was then inserted into the hole. Simple. I added some WS deadfall, and stumps to make it look logged-out for the line relocation.

Thanks, Redracer!
I think the secret is using the vB code, the stuff in the click boxes in the area above the reply screen.
You have to use a tag for every image, url, etc. And not just one tag, a tag before and after each pic, url, etc.
HTH!

They're still clean, but BN took good care of their stuff.
Eventually, they'll get some dirt on 'em.
In the meantime, I have more pics in my Rail Images album to show off!
The new switching area, and yard are mostly in--and crammed with traffic!
The link below will get you there!
Here's a sneak peek:

abs.sized.jpg

Lately, progress on the HPS has ground to a halt. Railfan weather has been awesome, till late this week. And well, you know, I HAD to get the last good shots of the year! The following pics and MANY more are on my Rail Images album below.
Here's a shot fromt he new camera, of my pride & joy, BN 6772, a Kato kitbashed snoot chop:
adi.sized.jpg

And a closeup shot of a stock Atlas GN ext. vision caboose:
adj.sized.jpg

A great meet shot on Sherman Hill on UP:
acv.sized.jpg