whys my engine somtimes start in reverse

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by rc10gt3jimbo, Dec 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rc10gt3jimbo

rc10gt3jimbo Member

ok, its an xtm .18 some times when i start it when u gas it the car shoots out on reverse, my truck doesnt have reverse,,,, it starts and runs regular too, only somtimes it goes in reverse, i still need to tune it but it revs correctly (spiting fuel and oil ouit of the exaust in puddles per rev) does ne one know what could possibly make an engine do that? if ever you have the chance to buy xtm id have to strongly caution you, ive seen multiple complaints of faulty one way bearings, and tuning it is a major pain, has ne one ever experianced this?[?]
  2. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

When your engine starts in reverse it is most likely the one way. The piston is run through the normal way on rotation but when it get to the TDC it hits that compression and if the one way slips the piston can travel back down the wrong way and the engine will run but poorly. A way to fix it is to clean the one way and the start shaft or get a starter box.
  3. c496

c496 Member

your one way bearing is backwards
  4. If it isn't than your thing next to your recoil is messed up
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.