Why would Pepakura Designer be running so slow?

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Millenniumfalsehood, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

I've been working on a model for the past few days. The reason it's taking so stinkin' long is that for some reason Pepakura Designer will work fine for a few minutes, but after a while it begins to slow down to the point that it takes upwards of seven seconds to respond to changes I've made. Are there any explainations to this?
  2. the4ce

the4ce Member

Maybe the model has a lot of parts and the computer gowns slowly for this

I don't realy know what is the problem. Try to scan for viruses or get some program for system optimization (example TuneUp 2008 )

Or...reinstal windows(or what are you using) :)
  3. rlc321

rlc321 Gundam designer wannabe

hi millennuimfalshood
    i have had the same problems i think its if the model is too large or too many parts it takes awhile for it to respond the only suggestion i could make is to clear your clip board and any non essential processes in the background. i hope this helps.
  4. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

The reason Pepakura works fine for 'a few minutes' is that you don't have filled your Undo History stack yet. Once it's completely full, Pepakura carries all modifications you did on its back, so it gets slower.

Please, try the following setting:

Go to menu bar
    Configuration -> Other Configurations...

Set 'Maximum Undo History' to a low number. I use '2'

Hope it helps
  5. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Reducing the undo history worked like a charm!! Thank you very much, Claudio! :mrgreen:
  6. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

You're welcome!:thumb:
  7. rlc321

rlc321 Gundam designer wannabe

wow yeah thanks claudio just unfolding my hyaku and started to get the same problems and that really helps thanks man.
  8. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Thanks for the tip Claudio!!!