Why I can't seem to get anything done

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by BARX2, May 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Every time I turn around it's something else. Cat's in the hospital, dog's in the hospital, daughter has her gall bladder out, lawn mower breaks down, lawn mower gets fixed - now this! I was mowing the lawn and glanced over to see that I've shot a rock through the car window. :curse: :cry:

Attached Files:

2. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Guy Behind the Curtains

Dayam! When it rains.....

I'd take you out and buy you a drink, but it'd be a heck of a drive and I don't know if you drink. ;)
  3. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Thanks Peter, but it would be a very long drive and no, I don't drink. But I maybe I should start! :oops:
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

How about a saspirilla! Really though - what a drag - its bound to look up soon!
  5. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Dude! I really feel for you. I thought I had a bad couple of days, but whew! I feel ya on the lawn mower thing.... Your mower wouldn't be a Bolens would it?

Hope things turn around for you. When they do you be looking for the other shoe to drop.

Take care man and Keep on Trekkin!:thumb:
  6. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Not a Bolens - even worse - a Murray! :mrgreen: They call them "throw away" mowers, but I've gotten seven years out of mine, even though I've paid as much for repairs and replacement parts as the thing cost new. :curse:

I have an appointment to get my window replaced today. $177. :cry:
  7. bclemens

bclemens Member

Well, if you're like me- my life is basically what I do in between unplanned or unwelcome events to deal with them. :p

One thing I've learned is never say "It can't get any worse!"

Hang in there my friend!

8. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Amen, it seems it's always something. "Best laid plans!"

On the lawn mower front, I've had mine apart a dozen times in the last 5 yrs, it's one thing after another. It's true, they don't make anything like they used to. I found an old GE ocillating fan that had been laying in the groung for years. The paint was still pretty good and when I sprayed some Carbuerator cleanr into the motor and blew it out it still worked. I just bought a Carb rebuild kit the other day for my 65 Galaxy and it had nylon replacement parts and the floats were sold separately! I feel like I spend more time fixing stuff than I do actually using it. As for the window... Yeah, nothings cheap any more. I've got to get the wind sheild on my 65 fixed because some jerk ripped the rear view mirror out. I'm NOT looking forward to it.

Oh well, such is life.

Hope you and your Family get some peace soon. Maybe after thing settle down you can coast for awhile.
  9. Switched

Switched Recidivist

Sounds like you could use a hobby to help you unwind..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.