why dosent my engine start

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by alisar70, May 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alisar70

alisar70 Member

ive got a brand new car BUT IT DOSENT START y
    ive checked eveverythink
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

maybe the manufactures screwed up( dont really think so tho) umm is fuel getting to the carb? did you do anyting with the needles? With a brand new engine dont mess at all with the needles tell you have it started and are in your break in period
  3. Steve M

Steve M Member

What car did you buy? A little description of what you have might help.

I think you really need to switch to electrics as you just don't seem to have any luck with nitro at all.....LOL
  4. bandit1

bandit1 Member

steve, i agree!!

but anyway, check glow plug battery, check glow plug, check factory settings on ur needle's, check for fuel line for leaks, and make sure ur following the correct starting process. good luck, and dont give up after like 5 minutes, if u've been. stick with it!
  5. pimp

pimp Active Member

did u prime it and all check the check the plug and igniter and make sure that fuel is getting 2 the carb
  6. alisar70

alisar70 Member

yeah i checked everythink

it now starts but floods is that usall with new engines
  7. bandit1

bandit1 Member

well, it could be way too rich, but make sure if ur fuel cell has a primer, only push that so theres a little bit of fuel in your carb. Also, if it floods, take out your glow plug, and flip over ur car, making sure theres no fuel and try again.
  8. alisar70

alisar70 Member

yeah

thanks

NOW THE CAR STARTS BUT DOSENT GIVE ANY SMOKE OUT HOW COME??????
    ITS RICH AS IT CAN GET
  9. bandit1

bandit1 Member

no smoke=WAY too LEAN. Make sure ur turning the right things, did u break it in yet?? if not, ull want to let it run a little on the rich side.
  10. alisar70

alisar70 Member

yeah thanks

its now quite loud how do i make the noise less louder?

I MEAN loud!!!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.