Why Don't I Ever Have My Camera When I Need It??

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- North America' started by Cannonball, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

I doubt it was the Beep.
    Although it could have been.
    I wish I could have seen it in daylight and had the dang camera with me.
  2. CCT70

CCT70 Member

Could it have been one of these guys?

Oh, and do what I do. Keep a cheap digital camera in the glove compartment of your car. Comes in handy, trust me. I just upgraded mine an hour ago, and the old one went in the glove box.
  3. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

It could have been.
    Are those B units?
    Do those things have drivers or are they just extra motor power?
  4. joesho

joesho Member

those are what you call "slugs",they have no driver
  5. brakie

brakie Active Member

Sorry..Those are SD45B..A cabless SD45..
  6. jesso

jesso Member

I never wanted a cell phone, when my work forced me to get a cell phone, i couldn't understand why you would put a camera in a phone. Now that I have a cell phone with a camera, I don't know how you can live without a cell phone with a camera. Was travelling up to Salt Lake this weekend and saw all new coal cars and my favorite Utah Railway engines, so I just pulled over and took about 100 pictures. Also is nice when out and about to take pictures of pretty much anything. Now if I could just get a camera phone that had all the nice camera features.
  7. Gary S.

Gary S. Senior Member

Those cabless SD45's are probably what I see down here in Houston. There are 3 cabbed SD45(?)s and 2 cabless ones that I see lashed up together in the yard about every 2 weeks
  8. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

Just drove home from a supply store...stopped at a light and right next to me was a NS GP-unit and SD35 (I think)...right next to me, stopped and idling...and of course I didn't have a camera. Long red light, and we both sat there side by side. Then to add insult to injury, when I went forward with a green light, so did the engines - pulling a small consist matching my speed exactly. Could have snapped a few good ones...but of course...no camera.
  9. CCT70

CCT70 Member

Those are B units Joe, not slugs. Big difference.

B Units have no cabs. Slugs have no cabs or prime mover.
  10. Triplex

Triplex Active Member

CSX and some other roads have slugs with cabs.