Why Don't I Ever Have My Camera When I Need It??

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
I went past the railyard last night on my way home from work. Sitting right beside each other were a BNSF engine with the new swoosh logo and an old Santa Fe still done up in the Blue and Yellow. Talk about covering both ends of the spectrum.

And of course my camera was home on the desk. :(

joesho

Apr 29, 2006
surrey bc canada
ya ive had times like that,i saw an rs3, wooking in a rail yard, didnt have a camera,felt like smashing my head through a wall.:curse: :mad: peasoup wall1 btw cannonball have you seen the april model railroader?? it has a huge section about an o scale layout you would love it!

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Cannonball said:
I went past the railyard last night on my way home from work. Sitting right beside each other were a BNSF engine with the new swoosh logo and an old Santa Fe still done up in the Blue and Yellow. Talk about covering both ends of the spectrum.

And of course my camera was home on the desk. :(

Murphy's Law of Railfaning Rule #6 states:

When your camera is at home or you are out of film you will see a once in a blue moon locomotive or locomotive consist.

Ain't it the truth?

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
joesho said:
ya ive had times like that,i saw an rs3, wooking in a rail yard, didnt have a camera,felt like smashing my head through a wall.:curse: :mad: peasoup wall1 btw cannonball have you seen the april model railroader?? it has a huge section about an o scale layout you would love it!
I'll have to see if I can find that issue. I'm not a subscriber and I don't know of anyplace off the top of my head that carries it. Of course, I generally don't go looking for it either.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
brakie said:
Murphy's Law of Railfaning Rule #6 states:
When your camera is at home or you are out of film you will see a once in a blue moon locomotive or locomotive consist.
Ain't it the truth?

Amen, brother.

I was kind of suprised because I thought all the blue and yellows were gone by now.

rogerw

Jun 16, 2006
manhattan ks
When they pulled some tracks out of a old depot in manhattan kansas where Im at, for some reason they cut them out in sections and had them stacked. It looked like sectional track stack on a model train board, wish I had a camera that day lol

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
rogerw said:
When they pulled some tracks out of a old depot in manhattan kansas where Im at, for some reason they cut them out in sections and had them stacked. It looked like sectional track stack on a model train board, wish I had a camera that day lol
That would have been cool to see.
I wonder how much the sections would sell for in bulk? :D

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
In the BNSF yard that I go past everyday to work, I see some of everything. Trust me, the blue and yellow Warbonnet is alive and well. Along with the BN green and black, SF red and silver warbonnet, BN orange and black along with the new paint scheme. I also see UP, CSX, N&S, Houston Terminal, and even CN locos. And the occasional TFM, and a number of leased units.

railohio

Dec 29, 2000
If you live in a BNSF state, and you do, that's not very rare. There are still blue and yellow units out floating around and the "new" BNSF paint will only get more common. The blue-and-yellow was used exclusively up until the reintroduction of the warbonnet scheme on the FP45s and GP60Ms in the mid 1980s.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
Gary S. said:
Trust me, the blue and yellow Warbonnet is alive and well.
This didn't look like the Warbonnet.
It looked more like the Beep paint sceme.
It was kinda foggy so it was hard to tell for sure but I know the lettering was the same.

Attachments

• SantaFe.jpg
    SantaFe.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 82
  • SFBeep.jpg
    SFBeep.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 83

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
Oh, I was thinking you meant warbonnet. Yep, I have never seen the "bookends" blue and yellow schene around here.... well, I take that back, there are a couple of the non-cabbed SD-something or others done in that scheme, but that doesn't really count.

Thoroughbreed

Aug 4, 2006
South Eastern AL
Cannonball said:
I'll have to see if I can find that issue. I'm not a subscriber and I don't know of anyplace off the top of my head that carries it. Of course, I generally don't go looking for it either.
You can find it at Walmart, if your lucky.:thumb:

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
I think the "Beep" is the only ex-Santa Fe in the bookends scheme. The whole fleet was painted into the blue and yellow warbonnet long before the red & silver super fleet came out which was years before the BNSF merger.