Why does it Cut off

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by alisar70, Mar 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alisar70

alisar70 Member

hi i got a nitro winner sport with a 15cxp engine when i fully rev it it just stals

Oh and another problam when i switch on my engine it just Wants to go what shall i do [?]

Ali sar
  2. your needle settings are too lean.....you need to change your needle settings.....turn them counterclockwise and see what that does.......
  3. alisar70

alisar70 Member

Im getting confused dude clockwise was <--------- wasnt it
  4. Clockwise is the way the clock moves....look at a clock and the way the the arms move that is clockwise.....counterclockwise would be the other way......
  5. alisar70

alisar70 Member

OK so has ANYONE IN THE WORLD NO WHY MY CAR CUTS OFF WHEN IM FULLY REVING IT
  6. jlmoreno911

jlmoreno911 Member

Check your fuel filter it might be clogged causing your air to fuel mixter to be too lean...
  7. alisar70

alisar70 Member

iM NOT SURE WHAT U MEAN BY FUEL FILTER IS THAT WHERE THE AIT GOES IN?
  8. what grade are you in bud, Did you brak it in yet?
  9. Steve M

Steve M Member

10. alisar70

alisar70 Member

Okt thanks but ive tryed all of that and it dont work
  11. Steve M

Steve M Member

Well, there isn't much more I or anyone else on these forums can do I'm afraid. Nitro powered R/C vehicles are the most difficult of all to get running properly and there are just too many variables to be able to help you.

Rather than posting your questions here, maybe you should take a drive to your nearest hobby shop with your car and ask for hands-on help.
  12. alisar70

alisar70 Member

Ok thanks,... making my car to rich will damage ythe engine is that true
  13. Steve M

Steve M Member

Too rich may cause problems but a bit on the rich side is just fine. Too lean will cause excess heat and with that comes friction and finally broken parts.
  14. alisar70

alisar70 Member

OK thanks BUT how do i know what to rich is

Oh and my car is just 1 week old
  15. ty007cars

ty007cars Member

too rich is when theres TOO much fuel in the engine which can make it loose power and is very sluggish.
  16. Steve M

Steve M Member

When you give full throttle and the motor bogs and slowly builds up RPM, then it is most likely too rich.

If, on the other hand you give full throttle and the motor revs quickly but then drops off if you hold it at full then you are most likely too lean.
  17. alisar70

alisar70 Member

Ok this is what happens I rev it fully And then it revs for like 2 seconds then it cuts off Do i need to make it richer
  18. alisar70

alisar70 Member

because its to lean shall i make it richer
  19. Steve M

Steve M Member

Make it richer and try again.
  20. alisar70

alisar70 Member

Oh 1 more thing Theres Lik all oil on my engine now
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.